Senior Consultant Oil Movements
Shell Projects & Technology seeks to recruit a (Senior) Consultant Oil Movements to join its Oil Movements, Product Quality and Distribution Group in Rijswijk the Netherlands. This group covers a particularly diverse range of technology services that span all sectors of the oil and gas industry. Most typically our services focus on the interfaces between manufacturing assets and the outside world. The Oil Movements, Product Quality and Distribution Group offers an ideal environment for personal development. The work of the group is more business focused rather than technology focused and gives a healthy exposure to the key profitability drivers in refineries, gas plants, terminals and depots.
As (Senior) Consultant Oil Movements, you’ll be part of a global team, your key responsibilities include:
- Participating in and providing oil movements support for revamps and new design projects in Downstream Manufacturing (oil refineries, chemical plants, gas to liquid plants, terminals, depots and interconnecting facilities) and Upstream (e.g. crude oil terminals and collection systems) for Shell and selected third party customers.
- Participating in and providing leadership of oil movements masterplanning studies, logistics reviews, front-end process designs for tankage, jetties and movements, and for all areas assistance during the engineering procurement contracting phase.
- Providing help desk support for customers.
- Teaching training courses at customer sites and centrally.
- Traveling (up to 30%) to customer locations plus participation in consultancy studies such as hydrocarbon masterplanning, hydrocarbon loss studies and inventory management studies.
- Developing and reviewing operational and safety philosophies for oil movements installations.
- Mentoring and providing guidance to less experienced staff members.
Desired Skills & Experience
With (preferably) a degree in Chemical Engineering, you’ll need to have significant experience in a Refinery, Chemical plant, Gas plant and/or Oil terminal with a substantial part of that time spent in Oil Movements and/or Supply Chain Logistics.
You’ll be able to liaise with and influence customers at all levels in the business, and possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with both internal and external customers. You’ll have the ability to work both alone and as part of a team. There’ll be freedom, responsibility and support in your work, and opportunities to contribute to the development of the Group.
We’ll expect you to be willing and able to travel a significant amount (up to 30%) of the time and work internationally.
Shell Projects & Technology provides technical services, technology capability and major project delivery in both Upstream and Downstream activities. We also deliver differentiating technical information technology and drive research and innovation to create technology solutions for tomorrow.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
This job is not offered on expatriate terms. A competitive remuneration package based on the prevailing conditions, policies and legislation in the Netherlands will be offered for this position. Flexible and part-time work arrangements can be discussed.