The consultant Lean at Philips is responsible for generating profitable turnover through projects with (internal and external) customers.
- You will develop and maintain a network of customers.
- You act as a sparring partner on managerial level, translating business needs and opportunities into specific solutions that bring value to the customer.
- You draw up project plans and quotations which lead to a project portfolio for at least yourself and preferably 2 other consultants.
- You manage the execution of projects in a professional way and takes responsibility for implementation and sustaining results.
- You maintain and develop your knowledge and expertise resulting in service propositions that are attractive to customers. The projects are executed mainly for customers in manufacturing and service businesses, and are related to product- / process- / quality- / yield- / productivity- improvement (reduction of waste). Activities include assessments, training, project execution and management.
The Operations Management team consists of (Senior) consultants, providing support in the areas of Business Engineering and Industrial Engineering. The group includes the fields of expertise (competences) Supply Chain Management, Lean, Financial Engineering, Quality & Reliability and Industrialization. Their customers are both internal Philips businesses as well as external companies, and are located all over the world.
A dynamic and challenging environment where you will be working on multi-disciplinary technical problems. You will be considered as ‘the technical expert’ and your input will have immediate impact on your client’s organization. Since you will be working in a team of experts, each with his/her own competence, you will gain a lot of knowledge in a short amount of time.
We are looking for
- You are a pragmatic experienced professional or consultant with a Masters or Bachelors Degree, probably in at least your third job.
- You have at least 5 - 10 years experience in an industrial environment (preferably also in services environments) with respect to operations and quality, and with in depth knowledge and an extensive proven track record in implementing the concepts of Lean and Six Sigma.
- You are a skilled problem solver. Able to teach, train and coach on these subjects.
- You have up to date and practical, operational knowledge of the leading concepts, approaches, and methodologies in Lean, plus the proven ability to put them into practice.
- You are a motivated self propelling person with the determination to succeed and the ability to manage change.
- You preferably already have a network of professional contacts and are proactive in the acquisition of new projects. Combining conceptual thinking with a hands on mentality, you are capable of delivering sustainable results through continuous process improvement, and you are able to inspire people and mobilize teams.
- You have the maturity and self confidence to operate at managerial levels as well as shop floor levels. You have proficient project management experience and skills.
- You are a customer focused, communication and service oriented approach and this gives you a natural affinity with consulting.
- You are a team player, open to new ideas and believe in a process of continuous learning in order to develop new competencies.
- You also have excellent communication skills and a willingness to travel.
- Experience in the automotive industry is a pre.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Simon Hanyan at +31 (0) 621518659.