Retail Business Consultant
Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Every employee brings inspiration and innovation to our business and we seek achievers, leaders and visionaries.
We are now looking for a Business Consultant for Retail to join our European Headquarters near Amsterdam, NL. The role reports to the IT Retail team and forms part of the Lean Business Solutions team here at Nike.
In this role you will be responsible for providing IT Business Consulting within the Retail business – including Merchandising, Digital and Store Operations at a professional level. You will apply advanced concepts, principles, and practices in a professional or technical discipline that is analytical, creative and/or advisory in nature. You will work independently, create new approaches to unique problems and make recommendations on a wide variety of complex issues.
- Facilitates subject matter expert discussions across department level or single business unit.
- Advocates business customer’s interests and requests across all relevant IT groups.
- Assist developing business benefits for proposed solution in conjunction with appropriate finance partner.
- Collaborates with business to translate goals and objectives into projects.
- Account management: understands customer's business drivers and changes in priorities.
- Manages and facilitates cross functional and regional issue resolution at advanced level.
- Participates in engagements with remote groups: vendors, other Nike facilities, other Nike departments.
- Apply Nike Global IT process standards to regional technology solutions.
- Research and provide standard industry solutions and best practices.
- Act as a business specialist as well as a technical generalist. Suggest solutions; provide functional expertise, "big" picture perspective, deep knowledge of business processes. Subject area expert, i.e. Retail – Merchandizing, Digital and Store Operations.
- Gather, validate and document business requirements. Possibly at a cross-functional or cross-regional level.
- Support testing activities including construction of test plans/scripts including the expected results, test execution, and validation of test results.
- Communicate and coordinate the translation of functional requirements into technical solutions with IT resources through regular conference calls across regions.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have:
- A high profile communication-be able to speak at all levels of the business community in non-technical terms.
- A Bachelor or Master Degree in Business or other relevant subject area.
- Preference: 4 to 7 years in Fashion Retail.
- Preference: knowledge of Retail ERP application
- A strong understanding of Retail processes covering both business and applications and Merchandising flow and planning
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Strong information seeking skills and drive to make things happen.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develops effective responses or elevate to higher management.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group.
- 5 years retail IT experience with at least 2-3 years of business systems analysis experience.
At Nike, it’s about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.