(Senior) Consultant Public Finance Management
(Senior) Consultant Public Finance Management (MSB)
The department Macro and Sector Policy (MSP) of Ecorys consist of five Competence Areas (CA) which employs over 60 professionals who are working on national and international projects. One of these competence areas is Macroeconomics & Public Finance Management which employs around 15 consultants. To further build our growing portfolio in Francophone markets, we are looking for a:
(Senior) Consultant Public Finance Management
Ecorys is one of the leading companies worldwide in the field of Public Finance Management (PFM). The underlying motive for much of Ecorys’ work in this area is: what can we do to make the life of people better, be it through our contribution to poverty reduction, to more sustainable public finances, to better delivery of government services and/or to more accountable and transparent governments.
We have considerable expertise in advising and supporting developed, transition and developing countries to strengthen their formulation, implementation and budget execution systems. This work often focuses on governmental structures at central, regional and municipal level. Our expertise is placed at the cutting edge of PFM policy and practice, taking into account of, for instance, the political economy of PFM. We are proud to have among our clients the Governments of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Ireland, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, and the governments of the Nordic countries, to name but a few. Moreover, we implement challenging projects for the European Commission, World Bank, Asian Development Bank and the InterAmerican Development Bank and other international organisations.
The CA comprises around 15 consultants who are divided into 4 fields of expertise:
Macroeconomics and Public Finance Management, Governance, Development Cooperation Policy and Aid Management, and Monitoring and Evaluation. Consultants of the CA are active in at least two content areas. They contribute to project implementation as well as project acquisition. It is our philosophy that excellence in acquisition draws on competences acquired in project implementation. On a regular basis our staff conduct challenging research studies, implement a wide range of field missions, providing both high level and operational policy advice and transfer knowledge and practices through innovative trainings. Over the years, Ecorys has become the supplier of choice for many governments for training on Public Finance Management.
As a (senior) consultant you will be responsible for the acquisition and management of international projects in the field of Public Finance Management and aid management. Your main responsibility will be the further development of the Francophone African market in these areas. You will be responsible for the quality and the timely delivery of projects and maintain relations with clients and external partners. You will often work in close co-operation with a network of international experts.
You will have an opportunity to work on a range of projects from long-term research to short-term consultancy and training in an international environment. You will apply state of the art analytical methods and transfer knowledge using different media and approaches.
Depending on your experience and skills we would agree with you the exact portfolio of your tasks and a career path for your future development in the company.
Knowledge and experience
- Relevant graduate qualification in public finance, accounting, business or macroeconomics from a recognised university or national accounting institute;
- At least 5 years relevant experience in the area of Public Finance Management and aid management, including experience with reform processes either with Government or large international organisations;
- Extensive knowledge of different PFM systems covering all its dimensions, preferably with a focus on ‘down stream’ PFM: accounting, treasury management, internal control and audit, Integrated Financial Management Information Systems;
- Proven capacity to provide technical advice to and able to win confidence / trust of senior government officials, development partners, and stakeholders in PFM;
- Prior work experience in Francophone Africa is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of the current debates on development cooperation and policies of major international organisations and bilateral donors.
- Team player with keen interest to share knowledge with colleagues;
- Willingness to carry out regular assignments abroad;
- Excellent oral and reporting skills in both French and English;
- A performance oriented attitude with excellent analytical and communicative skills;
- Strong negotiation skills capable of achieving win-win situations;
- A capability to provide inspirational PFM training courses and workshops;
- Ability to acquire new projects by having a relevant network and maintaining good working contacts with clients.
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment. The company ensures that its employees rank between the very best within their field of expertise. Talented people, who chose to work for Ecorys, want to make a difference and aim for change and progress. Teamwork, dialogue and initiative are key values within the organization. We offer a competitive compensation package.
An Assessment Centre can be part of the application procedure.
If the position appeals to you, but you would like to obtain more information, please contact Ferry Philipsen, Competence Area Leader Macro Economics & Public Finance Management, Tel: 010 453 8713; email: email@example.com
Send or (preferably) email your motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae stating '(Senior) Consultant MPFM MSP' to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ECORYS Nederland BV
PO Box 4175
3006 AD Rotterdam