Senior Consultant Education Projects
Currently ECORYS is looking for a:
Senior Consultant International Education Projects
(32 - 40 hours per week)
In the field employment, social affairs and education ECORYS Netherlands employs some 35 professionals working on national and international projects. These projects include research, consultancy and technical assistance projects. For our international projects we work with our sister ECORYS companies in other countries, national research institutions and free-lance international experts. For our international work in the field of education in developing countries we are looking for a new colleague.
As Senior Consultant you will be responsible for the acquisition and management of international projects in the field of education in developing countries. Most of them you will conduct on behalf of international donor organisations like EuropeAid, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, bi-lateral aid organisations or national clients in developing countries.
You will head the team recently established for this market and together with them build up a sustainable portfolio. To this end you will work with colleagues in various ECORYS divisions and companies.
You will be responsible for the quality and the timely delivery of projects and maintain relations with the client and external partners. You will often work in close co-operation with a network of international experts.
In addition, you will often act as project director and support consultants and junior consultants in their development as researcher and consultant.
Depending on your experience and skills we would agree with you the exact portfolio of your tasks and a career path for your future development in the company.
- You have an MBA degree or PhD in the social sciences, preferably Education, International Development Studies, Sociology or Economics.
- You are a recognized education specialist in education policy, planning, capacity building and monitoring & evaluation in developing countries with at least 10-15 years relevant experience.
- You have proven capacity for business development, including a good network you can use to this end.
- You have solid knowledge and understanding of fundamental education policy debates, particularly concerning the quality of education in the developing world.
- You have knowledge and understanding of policies and activities of the major bilateral and multilateral (e.g Europe Aid, WB, Dutch Ministries, DFID, SIDA) development partners.
- You are fluent in English and preferably in French and/or Spanish. Knowledge of the Dutch language is an asset.
- An informal work culture and a high level of freedom and responsibilities in the design and implementation of your tasks
- Access to the development opportunities offered by ECORYS Academy
- Work in a professional, stimulating and international environment, with an emphasis on cooperation across themes and countries.
- Excellent employment conditions, including competitive wages, flexibility in working hours, the possibility to buy additional holidays, company shares against favourable conditions, and participation in the ECORYS pension fund.
An Assessment Centre can be part of the application procedure.
If you like you can obtain more information from David Jepson T +31 10 354 88 38 or mobile +31 622 557023.
Please send your application and CV stating “Senior Consultant International Education Projects”:
ECORYS Nederland BV
3006 AD Rotterdam
T 010 453 85 67
F 010 212 25 48