Senior Consultant Energy and Climate Policy
The energy and climate policy unit delivers strategic consultancy on all aspects of policy to Government, NGO and corporate clients. The international cluster has a multidisciplinary staff carrying out projects for international clients. To grow further our business in the international domain, we are looking for a senior consultant with experience in the policy making process and in policy evaluation. The unit Energy and Climate Policy delivers policy advice to private and public clients. Our main clients are European Commission, national governments, NGOs and utilities.
- The main topics are:
- Climate policy impact analyses and potential reduction estimates
- Low carbon energy scenarios
- Renewable energy policy and techno economic analyses
- Carbon Capture Storage
The unit worked on a range of projects last year including scenario work such as The Energy Report for WWF; advice to the government on renewable energy policies; and several projects in the corporate sector (e.g utilities and energy traders). You will be able to manage and help deliver large projects concerned with energy and climate policies, working with international teams. You will be expected to take a leading role in our policy evaluation work, responsible for the quality of our projects and for developing further the skills and knowledge across teams. In this position, you will have a sales target. You will be expected to generate these sales via leads coming from your in-depth knowledge of the market and your existing network. You will have to prove a good understanding of the specific services Ecofys provides and develop business opportunities accordingly.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University education (preferably natural sciences/economics) and at least 7 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in consultancy;
- Strong content and market focus in the field of climate and energy policies;
- A relevant track record in delivering policy evaluation projects;
- Commercial skills and good business sense to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a competitive market place;
- Extensive project management, proposal writing and presentation skills;
- Proven experience in negotiations with customers.
Working for Ecofys – Experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
Solliciteer nu online!
Intermediaries will not be appreciated.