Operations & Maintenance Consultant Wind Energy
Our Wind Unit works internationally on sustainable wind energy projects, both on and offshore. Our wind energy experts advise project developers, utilities, government organisations, financial institutions in the areas of feasibility, development, design, engineering, project management, economic analysis and due diligence for wind projects.
The Design & Development team is part of the Unit Wind and works mostly for project developers and wind farm owners. The main focus of the team is to support these clients in technical, contractual and project management aspects of wind projects. An important element of this work is to work together effectively in interdisciplinary teams with an appreciation of environmental, technical and economic aspects of wind projects.
As an Operations & Maintenance Consultant your work focuses on:
- Reviewing the operational performance and maintenance of wind farms.
- Identifying solutions to drive down operational costs and improve turbine performance.
- Applying lessons learnt from operating wind farms in planning for new wind farms.
- Define O&M strategies, in particular for offshore wind farms.
- Contribute to definition of O&M requirements for service providers and also to contract negotiations.
- Evaluate operational risks and prepare mitigation plans.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University degree or equivalent working level, with good analytical and organisation skills
- Experience with operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical installations and preferably wind turbines
- Experience with the management of maintenance contractors
- Strong project management and presentation skills
- Self driven with the ambition to play a leading role
- Affinity to commercial aspects of consulting projects
- Excellent oral and written command of English and preferably another European language
- Willingness to travel and work on projects in other countries
- Working permit for the Netherlands
- It would be a bonus if you have:
- Experience with offshore projects or operations
- Experience with wind turbine supply and/or maintenance contracts
Working for Ecofys – experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
Intermediaries are not appreciated.