Consultant Database and GIS
Our Unit Wind works internationally on wind energy projects, both on and offshore. Our wind energy experts advise project developers, utilities, government organizations, financial institutions in the areas of feasibility, development, design, engineering, project management, economic analysis and due diligence for wind projects.
The Modeling and Optimization team is part of the Unit Wind and works mostly for project developers and wind farm owners. The main focus of the team is to support these clients in designing the optimal wind farm layout. The tools we use for these assignment are GIS (Mapinfo), WindPro and MS Excel. Some current services rely on PostGres/ PostGIS databases.
An important element of working on these projects is to work together effectively in interdisciplinary teams with an affinity with environmental, technical and economic aspects of wind projects.
As a Database and GIS Consultant your work focuses on:
- Working on large projects where database knowledge is required.
- Helping our team integrating database solutions in new and current services and products.
- Pro-actively advice (new) customers about database solutions.
- Managing and maintaining current database services.
- Improving current database services.
- University degree or equivalent working level, with good analytical skills
- At least 3 years of experience with databases in combination with GIS
- Experience with the management and maintenance of database products
- Strong project management and presentation skills
- Self driven with the ambition to play a leading role
- Affinity to commercial aspects of consulting projects
- Excellent oral and written command of English
- Working permit for the Netherlands
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Experience with currently used tools: Mapinfo, Quantum GIS, RealBasic, VBA, Grass, WMS, Joomla / php / mysql
- Experience with renewable energy projects
- Experience with cost modeling
Working for Ecofys – experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
Intermediaries will not be appreciated.