Consultant Logistics Management
Altran Management Consulting is part of the Altran group, a European leader in innovation consulting. Altran assists its clients at every stage of the innovation cycle in three business lines: technology and innovation consulting, organisation and information systems consulting, and strategy and management consulting.
Altran’s Management Consulting drive is to help our clients to realise their strategic objectives by providing business knowledge, expertise and experience combined with leadership, ownership, change capability and commitment. We specialise in the areas of Operational Excellence, Logistic Management, Information Technology and Project Management. Our passion is to realize results and to create business value, working very closely together with our clients.
Our Service: Logistics management
Having been hardest hit by the current economic downturn, the Logistics industry needs competitive advantages in process, IT and technology optimisations. Logistics needs an agile supply chain that uses its key opportunities in a competitive and challenging market at its fullest benefit. This will ensure them to achieve new- and retain existing customers. We at Altran are constantly seeking for new ways to implement operational efficiency at shippers’ Logistics divisions and LSP’s by using best practices in:
- Logistical innovations,
- Warehouse management,
- Transportation and order management,
- Forecasting by improved supply chain visibility and planning,
- Performance management with business intelligence.
Are you interested in developing and implementing innovative changes at our production and logistics clients and help them to implement these? Are you looking for a professional environment in which you can continuously develop your knowledge and skills?
At Altran, we offer unique opportunities to use your knowledge creatively to influence your colleagues and clients. You will also share your experience and knowledge internationally, thereby expanding our know-how and refining our approaches in the Altran Management Consulting practice in general and the Logistical market specifically.
You will make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and realization of innovative (tailor-made) solutions, developed closely together with clients. You will share your experience and knowledge with colleagues internationally, thereby expanding our know-how and refining our approaches in the Trade & Industry practice. There will be ample opportunity to broaden the scope of your work: personal initiative is encouraged! Besides the actual project work and depending on your skills and experience, you can be actively involved in sales/marketing, proposition development, people management and development, and/or training.
You will work in close cooperation with clients on developing and implementing various business strategies, with a focus on Logistics Management, but also in the areas of:
- Process Innovation / Operational Excellence, and
- IT Management
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates with an academic background and 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience in line management and/or consultancy, and with the following characteristics:
- Academic degree (Msc. or MBA) in business or technology
- A solid and proven expertise at shippers and/or LSP’s gained by implementing clients, logistical innovations, and/or achieving process optimizations with operational efficiency in mind
- Experience with IT solutions enabling Logistics to become more innovative by gaining new custom and retain old proven habits
- Heavy program/project management skills
- The ability to take management responsibility for highly visible business projects in complex (end)customer environments
- A convincing single-minded personality, who is able to give advice, but who also has the strength to implement pragmatic results. You dare to advice new ideas and directions based on realism and pragmatism.
- Proven change management and leadership skills, but most important, able to work and co-operate with others
- Enthusiasm, creativity and a focus on results, combined with excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Affinity and expertise with Lean and/or Six Sigma is a Pre
- Good communicator, both orally and in writing
- Commercial skills and a network in the logistics market
- Perfect command of the Dutch and English languages
- Willingness to work on multiple locations within NL (occasionally the Benelux)
What we offer
Altran Management Consulting offers you the unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious, growing, result-driven team of people. We work together to help our clients to select and implement the business innovations they need. We provide:
- An entrepreneurial, innovative and results-oriented working environment.
- Plenty of room for personal growth supported by an excellent training policy.
- Responsibility, independence and freedom within complex client environments.
- Challenging advisory assignments and implementation projects aimed at improving our clients’ business results.
- Extensive opportunities to participate in the development of new consultancy propositions and to initiate research or marketing as well as commercial activities.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested? Please contact:
Applications to: Altran Management Consulting
attn. Florence Colonne
Walaardt Sacrestraat 405
1117 BM Schiphol Oost
Walaardt Sacrestraat 405
1117 BM Schiphol Oost