Senior consultant Competition & Regulation
Medior/Senior consultant in Competition & Regulation
Ecorys offers its clients a broad range of products and services covering the whole range of economic issues. The Advisory Group Economic Policy Analysis (EPA) consists of about eleven consultants with an economic (and legal) background. We offer consulting services in, amongst others: international trade and regional integration, competition policy and regulation, competitiveness and innovation, SME development and enterprise policy, programme monitoring and evaluation, and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
The competition and regulation unit within the Advisory Group has a strong track record in assessing competition and in designing and evaluating regulation policy, applied to various sectors.
Clients include (Dutch) governments and related institutions, European Commission, international organisations and industry. Projects are undertaken mainly in Europe but also in developing and emerging economies.
We are looking for an experienced consultant with a background in competition and regulation who is eager to work in a professional profit oriented research environment. Specific tasks include:
- Market development, including: business intelligence, pro-active acquisition, leading (European) tenders, and product development;
- Management of projects, including: data gathering and analysis, policy studies and studies for private parties, and for national and European governments;
- Participating in projects as (senior) expert.
Projects range from specific research projects to ex ante and ex post evaluations of policies. Project activities include data analysis, assessment of competitive positions, assessment of regulatory and framework conditions, evaluations and impact analysis, literature reviews, and strategic analysis. More senior consultants coordinate and maintain a network of experts, partners and clients, and collaborate with colleagues throughout Ecorys where relevant, notably in the fields of health, energy, education and transport. Our fields of expertise include (among other things) telecommunication and postal markets and public procurement policy.
- University degree, preferably in Economics (and Law);
- A minimum of three (senior: eight) years of (relevant) experience;
- Experience in the field of competition and regulation policy;
- Good quantitative skills, writing skills (Dutch and/or English), and presentation skills (Dutch and/or English);
- Preferably a specific background in the field of the financial markets and the conduct of players therein, or one of the other fields of expertise of Ecorys;
- Preferably already having experience with acquisition of projects and proposal writing.
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position please contact Paul Wymenga, Senior Partner Ecorys Nederland. More information about Ecorys is available at www.ecorys.com.
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV before 20 February 2013, using our online application form or or per e-mail, with reference to ‘consultant C&R’.