Associate Director Treasury & Risk Management Operations and Processes
Executive Level Role working within IT and Treasury/Risk Management
The OPS team within Zanders is one of the most dynamic departments. With global project success and continued growth Zanders is seeking a visionary Associate Director to focus on implementing risk management systems into local and international financial institutions, predominantly focused on credit and market risk.
The role will included responsibility over managing a part of the current team as well as growing the department, participating in commercial activities in order to develop business opportunities and client project contribution. The projects are aimed at optimizing the treasury and risk management processes of our clients, primarily in the market area Financial Institutions (banks, insurance companies, pension funds and asset managers).
The OPS team assists clients in selecting and implementing treasury and risk management systems that fit the organizational needs and processes effectively. Zanders helps clients build the business case for organizational and process changes after which system requirements are analyzed and a solution is proposed. Subsequently, Zanders often assists clients to implement the selected solution.
Project examples are: Defining the business case, selecting a treasury management system and implementing this system at a mortgage bank (For example, Sungard Quantum). Implementing a risk management system at an asset manager (For example, Algorithmics).
Our projects vary considerably in size, ranging from projects lasting one month for a single consultant to projects of more than a year involving 10 consultants.
- Oversee and manage the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and completion of client projects.
- Analyze the strategy, structure, policy, management and operations of the OPS department.
- Provide proposed solutions when needed to client issues.
- Play a key role in market and service development and the definition of best practices.
- Cooperate with colleagues at all levels and offer support as well as collaborate with fellow Associate Directors, especially those with a focus on the OPS and Financial Institutions.
- Engage, motivate and support your team.
- Participate in the internal knowledge delegation sessions and provide training.
- Manage and support the growth of the department and anticipate risks, costs and planning towards objectives.
- Participate in regular meetings with other departmental Associate Directors and/or Partners both on a local and international basis and ensure alignment.
- Ensure that consultants within your department are allocated to projects that offer challenges and utilize their strengths and capabilities
- Poses experience and the ability to manage a team of max. 10 consultants.
You have previously worked within a financial institute or consulting environment and have participated in a leadership role that involves strong people management skills as well as project management, process management or implementations of risk based systems with a focus on Market Risk. You have a minimum of 7 years experience and have a sound understanding of Financial Risk Management and ideally Treasury Management. You have a Master’s degree, preferably in Econometrics, Economics or Finance and relevant professional qualifications (CFA/FRM). You have strong consulting and commercial skills, are fluent in English and Dutch and are open to travel.
Founded in 1994, Zanders is an independent consulting firm specialized in treasury and finance solutions. Zanders is recognized as a leader in its expertise areas of Treasury Management, Risk Management and Corporate Finance.
From our offices in The Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, Zanders services its global client portfolio in the corporate and financial institutions and public sector. Zanders’ strengths are its specialization and independence. We work solely on behalf of, and in the best interests of, our clients. We assist our clients from strategy definition up until implementation. The company employs over 100 highly educated consultants (all of whom have a Master’s degree in their discipline). Taken as a whole, our team offers a broad mix of specializations, nationalities, and professional experience.
Would you like to know more?
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact our recruiter, Liza Wyatt, by calling +31 (0)35 6928989 or sending your application by e-mail to email@example.com.