Environment and Energy Expertise Consultant
Environment and Energy Expertise Consultant
The successful candidate will develop, acquire and deliver research and consultancy assignments to national, European and international clients, with a focus on environmental policy issues. Within this function major tasks include:
- To provide clear and focused intellectual and policy input to the development of both project proposals and project reports;
- To participate in multidisciplinary project teams on environment-related matters;
- To take up responsibility as a project manager and thematic leader, and to manage content, human and financial resources in the delivery of contracts;
- To develop new business opportunities on national and international levels;
- To help to acquire research and consultancy assignments from national, regional and local clients primarily through leading on the preparation of competitive proposals often in cooperation with partner organisations;
- To use your market knowledge to identify and lead business development opportunities often in collaboration with other parts of ECORYS;
- To maintain and build an excellent network within public and corporate environments;
- To help grow the Group’s knowledge portfolio related to the subject;
- To build strong working relationships across the company in order to enhance and strengthen opportunities for the acquisition and delivery of energy and climate change work.
Job description for the Energy Consultant
The successful candidate will develop, acquire and deliver research and consultancy assignments to EU and national (NL, UK) clients, with a focus on renewable energy and energy efficiency policy.
Within this function major tasks include:
- To assist in developing the company’s profile and undertake targeted business development with key clients directed at servicing and further exploiting the relevant market area;
- To play a role in further development and market applications of the Sustainable development and Environment skills of ECORYS group;
- To identify and respond to appropriate work opportunities from international, national, regional and local clients and liaise with other parts of Ecorys to achieve a coordinated response;
- To build working relationships across the company in order to enhance and strengthen opportunities for the acquisition and delivery of energy and climate change work;
- To help to acquire research and consultancy work from national, regional and local clients primarily through leading in the preparation of high quality proposals and business development submissions;
- To take up responsibility as project manager and to manage human and financial resources in the delivery of contracts;
- To provide clear and focused intellectual and policy input to the development of both project proposals and project reports.
For both functions the qualifications are:
- MSc in economics. For the energy consultant it is desirable to have a degree or doctorate in the energy field and for the Environment consultant in an environment-related field;
- At least 5 years relevant experience covering the energy or environment and/or climate change market;
- Demonstrable experience of effective project management;
- Highly motivated with excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Relevant network, particularly within the Netherlands and Europe and motivation and drive to help develop our network and acquire new business opportunities.
- Fluency in English and preferably Dutch. Good language skills in any other European language will be an asset.
Additional qualifications for the Environment consultant:
- Experience as environmental advisor in a public institution, consultancy, or academic environment. Experience in consultancy for external clients will be considered an asset;
- In-depth knowledge of environment issues (currently our team focuses on the following topics: biodiversity, climate change, forestry, water, environmental emergencies / natural disasters, environmental goods and services, environmental jobs and green workforce skills, integrated environmental policy).
Additional qualifications for the Energy consultant:
- The potential and willingness to develop to a senior consultant level within a few years;
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of energy supply, management and policy (including basic legal aspects);
- Proven high level competence in numerical data analysis (ideally energy statistics);
- Recent experience of working at a medior level in a consultancy, research, academic or commercial (energy sector) environment;
- Excellent knowledge of energy policy to analyse client situation, make recommendations and develop new leads for work;
- Proven competence in interviewing and consultation design and implementation;
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment. The company ensures that its employees rank in the very best within their field of expertise. Talented people who choose to work for Ecorys, want to make a difference and aim for change and progress. Teamwork, dialogue and initiative are key values within the organization. We offer a competitive compensation package. The location of work will be Rotterdam or Brussels.
An assessment may be part of the procedure.
Should you need further information please contact Mr Albert de Groot, Director Overseas Markets.
Please send your letter of application and resume with reference to Environment and Energy Expertise Consultant before 26 August 2012 to:
ECORYS Nederland BV
P.O. Box 4175
3006 AD Rotterdam
T +31 (0)10 453 85 67
F +31 (0)10 453 86 20