Consultant Economic Policy Analysis
Ecorys is an European consultancy and research organisation, with its head office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Today, over 625 staff members serve private and public clients world-wide.
Our mission is to solve challenging policy, management and market problems. We cherish our independence and provide services of the highest quality, drawing on the latest research, knowledge and expertise.
Ecorys offers its clients a broad range of products and services covering the whole range of economic issues. The Advisory Group Economic Policy Analysis offers consulting services in, amongst others: international trade, regional integration, competitiveness and innovation, SME development and enterprise policy, competition policy and regulation, programme monitoring and evaluation, and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
Clients include governments, European Commission, international organisations and industry. Projects are undertaken mainly in Europe but also in developing and emerging economies.
The Advisory Group Economic Policy Analysis wishes to get in touch with candidates for the position of
to carry out applied economic research and consultancy in the fields of international trade, competitiveness and innovation.
Description of the position:
The consultant will be expected to work on projects of the Advisory Group Economic Policy Analysis and to contribute to the development of new business opportunities. The consultant will develop and maintain a network of experts, partners and clients, and will collaborate with colleagues throughout Ecorys where relevant. The position will be based in Rotterdam but there are considerable opportunities to work on international projects outside the EU.
- 2-3 years of working experience, preferably in a consulting or other commercial environment
- a good understanding of relevant policy and research issues
- strong analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative
- knowledge of and affinity with econometrics and statistics – including modelling work
- developed presentation and project management skills
- fluency in written and spoken English for proposal work and reports as well as knowledge of an other language are an advantage
- academic background, preferably in economics or post-graduate studies
- some working experience in economic research, policy analysis and/or consulting
- willingness to travel
Further you are:
- motivated and enthusiastic
- capable of working both independently and within a project team
- dedicated to delivering our clients with high quality consultancy services
- available on short notice
- international work environment
- a fulltime position with attractive terms of employment
- an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic colleagues
Please post or e-mail your curriculum vitae, obtained study grades and accompanying motivation letter, before end of August, 2012 , in English to: ECORYS Nederland BV, attn. HRM department, P.O. Box 4175, 3006 AD Rotterdam, e-mail (preferred): email@example.com
For more information about the position, please contact drs. Paul Wymenga (Head Economic Policy Analysis Unit), phone: 010-4538748.