Tax Consultant - Human Capital
Tax Consultant - Human Capital Assignment Services
The Assignment Services practice within Human Capital provides services to a wide range of multinational companies based in the UK, EMEIA and globally. The service offering covers end-to-end assignment management administration and policy development, from the creation of cost estimates, balance sheet calculations, payroll instructions and assignment letters, to the principal point of contact role with our clients' assignees and their HR contacts during their relocation and ongoing assignment, and the coordination and management of all the various third party relocation providers. The service covers all mobility policies; permanent, long-term, short-term, commuter and similar variations.
The practice is part of Ernst and Young's integrated global mobility offering (collectively part of Ernst and Young's Human Capital service line), which covers expatriate tax and social security compliance and consulting, immigration and assignment services and relocation; a true one-stop-shop. London is the primary centre of excellence for EMEIA (our other centres are in Helsinki, Mannheim, Singapore, Sydney, Sao Paulo and Dallas). The practice is making increased use of Ernst and Young's offshore processing centre in Bangalore for administrative and processing tasks (such as cost estimate, balance sheet and assignment letter preparation) which are non-client facing.
The role of the Consultant is to act as the primary day-to-day contact for the client's assignees as their single point of coordination for the whole end to end assignment life-cycle. It is essential that the role is very proactive in overseeing all of the various aspects, to ensure that they are initiated and delivered in a timely and accurate manner, and that assignees receive regular communication on the status of their specific situation. The Consultant is expected to resolve issues in the first instance, and to apply good judgement when to escalate to their line manager where it is clear the issue is not being resolved in a timely manner or to the client's satisfaction.
While the role is not expected to produce cost estimates, balance sheets, assignment letters and payroll instructions on a regular basis (since these are produced by a specialist group within the team) Consultants are expected to fully understand the content of each and how the allowances and deductions are calculated, since they will be responsible for explaining them to assignees. Consultants work on one client, or on two or three smaller client engagements.
An important aspect of the Consultant's role is to ensure that all calculations and documents are prepared and finalised ready to be sent directly to clients 100% accurate in accordance with the clients' policy and our team's standard processes and procedures. In additional to being accurate, all calculations and documents have to be delivered to clients within agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) turnaround times, which are typically two working days from the receipt of the required information and instruction from the client.
The role of Consultant involves the provision of a wide range of international compensation and relocation services, including:
Calculate and review of allowances, deductions and benefits in accordance with each client's pre-determined policy
Prepare and review cost estimates and balance sheets
Prepare and review assignment letters and contracts
Prepare and review payroll calculations and instructions
Supervise relocation services coordination such as shipping, home search, etc
Co-ordinate tax, immigration and social security services
Comply with agreed KPI's
Deliver policy-based advice to the corporate client and assignee
Demonstrable experience in international HR administration is preferred
Strong attention to detail
Ability to multi-task
Ability to deliver accurately to tight deadlines
Ability to adopt a team approach and build rapport with both the client and the account team
Ability to collect and interpret information
A willingness to share knowledge and experience with others in a learning environment
Ability to delegate effectively and motivate others
The Consultant will be expected to demonstrate:
- A full understanding of the assignment life-cycle and scope specifically relating to their client(s)
- The ability to create and implement process improvements and promote best practice
- The ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of client specific policies to deliver advice to the corporate client and assignee population
- An understanding of expatriate compensation and benefits planning, payroll and pension issues, and the ability to explain/justify the methodology behind calculations and their application
- An understanding of relocation issues and the services provided for under client policy
- The ability to identify potential tax and social security issues in the development and application of assignment policy and the review of standard assignment documentation
- An understanding of the importance of Quality and Risk Management within Ernst & Young and its application in an operational setting
- Sound knowledge of our core technology tools and the ability to leverage them effectively to add value for the client
- An ability to provide clear and concise written and verbal technical advice
- An understanding of the corporate issues involved in international assignments
Richt je sollicitatie aan Jennie Wolthuis via deze hyperlink. Voor meer informatie over deze vacature kun je contact opnemen met Daphne Teerling, +31 (0) 88 407 4484.