In January 2012 Ecorys established a Business Development Support Unit for the Overseas Markets (BDSU2). The unit is located in our head office in Rotterdam. The mission of this unit is to develop new markets and extend existing markets outside the EU-27, with a special focus on large Technical Assistance projects in the Overseas Markets in Africa, South Asia, South-East Asia, Central Asia and Latin America and the Caribbean. Major clients include EuropeAid and major European donors such as UK Aid.
As a Business Developer you have the following responsibilities:
- To acquire large TA projects, together with Ecorys’ operating companies
- To carry out strategic marketing and business intelligence activities, i.e. identifying project opportunities at an early stage
- To improve the efficiency of the acquisition processes within Ecorys
- Networking with (potential) clients, national and international funding agencies, partners and experts
- To manage the bid preparation process
- To provide support in proposal writing (organisation and methodology)
- To be involved in the management of large TA projects including contract management and financial management
- University degree, ideally in a Business or Economics related discipline
- Between 3-5 years of relevant working experience (business development, technical assistance projects for international donors, project management)
- Working experience in developing countries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Good knowledge of one of the languages of the regions would be an asset
- Team player with excellent networking skills, able to work with people with different nationalities and backgrounds
- Highly organised and methodical in a deadline driven environment
- Project management skills including knowledge of project finances
- Knowledge of procurement rules of international clients (EuropeAid, UK Aid) related to technical assistance projects
- Willingness to travel to overseas markets
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the Netherlands.
For more information about the position, please contact Ivo Gijsberts, Manager BDSU2
Telefoon: +31 (0)10 453 88 26 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications is 22 June 2012. Send or (preferably) e-mail your job application and CV stating reference ‘Business Developer BDSU2’ to:
ECORYS Nederland BV
3006 AD Rotterdam
T 010 453 85 67
F 010 212 25 48