Senior Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services
The Capital Markets & Accounting Advisory Services (CM AAS) is an advisory service-line organized within KPMG Audit. In the daily operations to serve our KPMG clients CM AAS closely works together with KPMG’s Department of Professional Practice (DPP), Transaction Services, US Accounting and Reporting Group, Financial Management and the valuations experts of Corporate Finance.
CM AAS provides a wonderful opportunity for professionals with a few years of (audit) experience who wish to further develop their consulting skills and customer relationships with a focus on complex accounting issues.
CM AAS advises clients on the interface of capital markets and accounting advisory services, mostly related to: implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, 15 and 16), GAAP conversions, IPOs, mergers and acquisitions. The consulting activities range from: support with complex accounting issues and the implementation thereof, analysis of differences GAAPs and disclosure requirements, working on mergers, acquisitions, carve-outs and finance transformations, drafting accounting policy manuals and provide technical accounting trainings.
We often work in close collaboration with other specialists like valuation and actuarial experts, treasury consultants, financial instruments competive center. Our priority is to work together as an expert team and therefore collaboration is a key success factor to be able to serve our clients with the best services team.
CM AAS is one the growth initiatives of KPMG, therefore we are looking for Senior Trainees to join us in expanding our team.
The CM AAS unit focuses on (inter)national corporates and large companies. We operate in the market of Corporate, National practice and Public sector.
In the position of Senior Trainee, you will work on challenging issues that are often in the field of the Financial controller, Manager finance and accounting or comparative roles, both internal and external projects, as well as researching, facilitating, reporting and advising are your core activities. You will bring to the team your affinity with numbers, analytical, consulting and creativity skills. In addition, you will facilitate workshops and brainstorming sessions.
- You possess an accountancy, (business) economics, business administration or econometrics bachelor or master degree and are in the midst of qualifying as a Chartered Accountant (or equivalent).
- You have 2 to 3 years relevant work experience, gained in the audit practice or as an internal or external advisory position, mainly focused on financial (external) reporting.
- You have basic knowledge and understanding of IFRS and Dutch GAAP. Knowledge and experience of US GAAP is an advantage.
- You are a team player and able to work smoothly with colleagues from different units within KPMG and are able to expand this cooperation.
- You are a creative thinker and have a real hands-on mentality.
- You are committed to delivering high quality services and possess professional skepticism
- You are interested in the world around you and are socially involved.
- You are able to work independently and effectively within a small and growing team and have strong communication skills in both Dutch (preferable but not mandatory) and English.
- You are willing to follow internal and external training and work on projects abroad.
KPMG Netherlands is part of the KPMG International network, a global leader in Audit, Tax and Advisory. With a clear vision, strong values and dedicated people we want to further strengthen our solid position. We are ambitious, professional and international.
KPMG is a global network of companies with personal attention given to employees. We have a strong market position. Our people work closely together each day in a pleasant and stimulating environment for prestigious clients.
Personal development is central to KPMG. We offer targeted training, education and coaching, and help our employees to excel and get the best out of themselves.
We offer an excellent package of primary and secondary employment benefits (a company car, laptop, smartphone, expense and a contributory pension) adapted to the latest developments in the market.
Meer informatie en solliciteren
For more information about this vacancy please contact Sabine Janssen Benschop, Recruitment Consultant Experienced Hires, 020 656 4057. Screening is part of the application process. An individual assessment may be part of the application process.