Senior Consultant Risk Modelling
Your position as Senior Consultant
As a Senior Consultant within the FRM - Risk Modelling team you enjoy solving complex problems using mathematics or statistics. Building models challenges you and you are capable of explaining the choices made during the modelling phase, as well as the outcomes to clients.
In addition, you offer professional knowledge as input for ongoing projects and you perform complex assignments in multidisciplinary teams. You will manage project teams and be the primary contact person for the client. Besides managing project teams, you will also play a major role in preparing proposals and developing new propositions. Your commercial and analytical skills and professional network will contribute to Financial Risk Management’s further growth.
Successful applicants will be/have:
- At least two years of relevant quantitative work experience in financial markets, ALM, funding, financial instruments and risk and capital management within the financial and/or corporate sector;
- A Master’s degree in: Econometrics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or a science Master ;
- Commercially skilled and capable of advising clients based on your technical expertise;
- Experience with project-based working and managing multidisciplinary project teams;
- Capable of realising changes within organisations by communicating clearly;
- A team player who gets energised by working with professionals in his/her own area of expertise, as well as with colleagues from other Deloitte functions;
- Capable of developing new propositions;
- Ambitious, independent, energetic and able to perform under pressure; and
- Proficient in English, both verbally and in writing.
Additional desirable qualities include:
- Experience with consultancy;
- Proficient in Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
Financial Risk Mangement
The Financial Risk Management (FRM) team consists of energetic, young and experienced professionals with FRM related expertise and who think outside the box. FRM consultants are known for their technical expertise, their focus on providing solutions and their entrepreneurial attitude. In addition, they regularly give speeches at seminars, provide lectures at universities and publish articles in professional journals. The goal of FRM is to become the undisputed advisor within the financial services industry regarding its focus areas: Capital Advisory and Risk Modelling.
FRM - Risk Modelling develops and validates risk models, performs actuarial calculations and focuses on Asset and Liability Management (ALM). In addition, they provide derivative valuations. Besides developing market and credit risk models, FRM – Risk Modelling analyses behavioural and actuarial models as well. FRM - Risk Modelling provides services to banks, insurance companies, asset managers and pension funds. The financial crisis, stricter regulations (like CRR, CRD IV, AIFMD and Solvency II), and changing financial markets have raised the need for advice and support at financial institutions.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Risk, Tax, Consulting, Financial Advisory and Audit. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and successes of our clients, in The Netherlands and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
Deloitte Financial Risk Management has an informal atmosphere, which encourages discussions between each job grade of FRM. As you can expect, we will support you where we can, with a learning program; a tailored competence model and continuous feedback. A colleague from the team will be assigned to you as a counsellor, who will guide you during your career at Deloitte.
More information regarding Deloitte Financial Risk Management can be found at: https://www.werkenbijdeloitte.nl/risk-services-financial-risk-management.html
Are you challenged by this position?
Contact us today for an introduction meeting. Click on below link and provide your details.
In case this position doesn’t fit your profile, however you know someone who does? Please share this vacancy.
For inquiries regarding this vacancy please contact Esmée Trimbos on +31882887197.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.