Infrastructure Solution Architect – Director
Infrastructure Solution Architect - Director
A solution architect is designing the end-to-end service scope and structure of an Accenture IO deal. The solution architect brinsg a wide spectrum of service and technical infrastructure knowledge (not specialised in a single tower).
Shaping an outsourcing deal, normally a client partner of Accenture spots an opportunity and a Sales Director is brought in to shape this deal. This is the moment that the SA will start outlining the content of this deal. The SA is 70% focused on shaping of the deal, 30% is content driven.
The SA needs to be a generalist. He or she needs to strive to get agreement with Accenture’s delivery organization, the client and the commercial teams in Accenture on the outsourcing deal discussed. The client-partner will usually push for a cheaper solution, to increase margin and lower total price. The delivery organization will typically tend to focus on a more conservative plan. The SA needs to shape the best solution taking the different point of views into account.
The SA has impact on the costs, not the price of the deal. S/he needs to be particular strong in bringing parties together and the skill to ‘sizing’ of deals.
Other topics covert by the SA are SLA’s, margins, formalize agreements, offshore/onshore discussions and productivity improvers. The approval of the SA is a major milestone in the total approval process at Accenture. When all agreed with the client the mobilization team starts; the SA is not involved in this stage.
The Director is responsible of following main tasks:
- Overall Solution Architect for all infrastructure components on major outsourcing new business opportunities with infrastructure component (experience with typically $50m+ preferred);
- Architecting compelling and competitive infrastructure solutions which demonstrate significant and quantifiable value to the client;
- Leveraging Accenture assets and third party relationships in architecting solutions;
- Leading the infrastructure solution planning teams for large, complex deals including multiple solution architects, subject matter experts, transition and transformation experts;
- Working alongside Sales Support to manage the senior client buyer and solution owner (e.g. CFO, CIO) and selling the solution;
- Bringing operational experience to bear to ensure solution is deliverable at acceptable risk to Accenture;
- Developing and negotiating contract content to ensure the infrastructure solution is contracted to deliver client and Accenture value;
- Performing the role of Infrastructure Transition Lead, where required, to ensure solution is transitioned successfully into delivery;
- Building strong links with and working collaboratively with Accenture groups (e.g. TC, AO) to ensure holistic solutions, transition and delivery;
- Managing a team of 5-20 solution architects + an offshore deliver team.
- Proven track record (wins) in defining and selling Infrastructure Outsourcing solutions in excess of >30 Mio. USD deal TCV for leading global enterprises
- University degree is must
- Experience in related solution team management
- Experience in architecting and/or transitioning significant infrastructure solutions
- Experience in leading solution planning teams
- Experience in IT infrastructure products and offerings including:
- Service Management & ITIL
- Service Desk
- Workplace Services
- Data Centre Operations
- Strong project management skills and associated experience in Information Technology Outsourcing. Includes experience with industry standard project management methods and tools.
- Excellent client /customer relationship management skills at the executive level
- Extensive client/customer service management skills
- Good people management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel within the Gallia (France, Benelux) Region
We are eager to meet you. Apply directly online through the button ´Apply Online´ and send us your resume and motivation letter.
For more information about this vacancy contact Dennis Damoiseaux (Senior Recruiter). Telephone number: +31205723292.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.