Emerging Technology Architect
Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems by applying deep technological skills. Responsible for in-depth evaluation of technology options.
Interacts with senior management at client and/or within Accenture on matters where acceptance of alternative approaches may need to be gained.
Has strong decision-making skills and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. Manages medium-sized teams and works at a client or within Accenture.
We expect applicants to be creative and energetic with a strong interest in technology. Applicants should have broad skills and experience with multiple software products, infrastructure, technologies and services and be capable of shaping and delivering innovative technology solutions.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Architecting complex IT solutions based on emerging technologies for Accenture’s clients;
- Developing strong relationships with technology vendors to influence emerging product strategies;
- Sensing the market for disruptive technologies and potential future areas of investment;
- Developing new IT frameworks, methods and tools, and championing them with our clients and within Accenture’s Technology practice;
- Performing Technology Architecture Assessments and Technology Quality Assurance reviews;
- Estimating Technology Architecture solution complexity & cost;
- Designing & implementing Technology solutions;
- Defining Technology Strategies, Blueprints and Roadmaps;
Place in the organization
Within Accenture's Technology practice, the Emerging Technology (ET) group is responsible for pioneering and championing the use of advanced and emerging technology architectures at Accenture’s clients, such as Lightweight Application Architectures, Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Platform-as-a-Service, Computer Vision, Robotics and Adaptive Infrastructures.
Accenture’s Emerging Technology Innovation practice provides a unique opportunity for entrepreneurial Technology Architects to be focused on emerging technologies and finding opportunities to architect the next generation, large-scale business systems and infrastructures at Accenture’s clients.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- Experience with technology architectures
- Experience in technology engineering, i.e. developing capabilities and supporting opportunities, projects and initiatives around:
- Technology innovation governance and strategy
- Technology assessments, reviews and QAs
- Enterprise roadmaps, technology blueprints and estimating
- In-depth experience in some of the following:
- On-premise and cloud infrastructure - management of servers, storage, networking or security
- Cloud integration
- API Mangement
- Lightweight application architectures, such as AngularJS and Node.JS
- Open source technologies in virtualization/operating system, databases, app and web tiers, big data analytics, service-oriented architecture
- Presentation and collaboration technology stack of any big vendor
- Experience and interest in any of the following emerging technologies:
- Video analytics and Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced analytics and visualization
- Robotics and autonomous devices
- Adaptive infrastructure, IaaS and PaaS
- Containers and Docker
- Continuous Delivery
- Resilient architectures
- Professional skills requirements
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
A work environment with a focus on personal development. You work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for the highest ranked international businesses. Within Accenture, we offer our employees many learning opportunities in the area of capability and personal development. You’ll be attending training at international locations together with colleagues from various countries.
Moreover, you have the opportunity to contribute with your expertise to our Corporate Citizenship Program.
Accenture offers excellent employee benefits, including:
- A permanent contract;
- 13th month and holiday pay which you can manage in a flexible benefits tool;
- Appealing bonus program;
- Good transport arrangement (e.g. lease car);
- Pension scheme set up on your personal situation;
- Laptop and smartphone;
- Expense and allowance;
- Discount on Accenture shares.
Then we would be eager to get to know you. Apply directly online through the button ´solliciteer online´ and send us your CV and motivation letter. For more information about this vacancy you can contact Dennis Damoiseaux (Recruiter) at telephone number +31613754180.
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Do you want to know more about a career at Accenture? Visit our website www.accenture.nl/carriere or follow us at www.facebook.com/accenturenl.