Junior Consultant Energy & Climate
Ecorys is a leading international research and consultancy company, addressing society's key challenges. With world-class research-based consultancy, we help public and private clients make and implement informed decisions leading to positive impact on society. We support our clients with sound analysis and inspiring ideas, practical solutions and delivery of projects for complex market, policy and management issues.
In 1929, businessmen from what is now Erasmus University Rotterdam founded the Netherlands Economic Institute (NEI). Its goal was to bridge the opposing worlds of economic research and business – in 2000, this much respected Institute became Ecorys.
Throughout the years, Ecorys expanded across the globe, with offices in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Our staff originates from many different cultural backgrounds and areas of expertise because we believe in the power that different perspectives bring to our organisation and our clients.
The Junior Consultant will focus on research and consulting projects and contribute to the acquisition of new projects. Key focus areas of the team you will join are: the economics of the energy transition, competitiveness in various sectors, economic regulation and competition in various sectors, economic analysis of public procurement, the circular economy and environmental issues, policy impact assessments and evaluations.
Major clients are the European Commission (DG Energy, DG Grow, DG Research, DG Connect, DG Environment and DG Competition), national public clients (e.g. ministries, regulators) and private clients (e.g. companies, industry associations, NGO’s) from various industries.
Within this job major tasks include:
- To undertake research and consultancy tasks including content and data analysis in order to support the delivery of research and consultancy products;
- To provide high quality written inputs to reports, presentations, and other research and consultancy outputs;
- To provide dedicated project management support to Project Directors and Project Managers in respect of large scale projects, including Framework Contract Management;
- To build strong working relationships across the company in order to enhance and strengthen opportunities for the acquisition and delivery of the work of the sector;
- To undertake targeted business development and client and competitor research in respect of opportunities to advance the company's work relating to energy and climate change;
- To identify and respond to appropriate project opportunities from international, national, regional and local clients and liaise with parts of the company to achieve a coordinated response;
- MSc in economics or other field (exact science);
- Experience (e.g. university research, internships, etc) in the fields our sector is covering would be an asset;
- Experience with national or European policies would be an asset;
- Experience with quantitative work (e.g. regression analysis, modelling, business cases) would be an asset;
- Teamplayer, highly motivated to “make a difference” for clients and Ecorys;
- Analytical skills; quick learner; organisational skills;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Fluency in English and preferably Dutch. Good language skills in any other major European language would be an asset.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
Should you need further information please contact Mr Robert Haffner, partner at Ecorys, Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your letter of application and resume with reference to Junior Consultant Energy and Climate Change before 30 September 2016 to: