(Senior) Consultant Data Visualisation
Your role as (Senior) Consultant Data Visualisation
Deloitte is a market leader in Analytics, Big data and BI Consulting, with a robust, mature, deep and broad portfolio. We use our deep industry knowledge to support actionable insights across all business functions. Analytics and Information Management group is part of our growing Technology practice which has over 280 practitioners. We help our clients with all aspects of business intelligence and analytics from developing their analytics or data strategies, through to implementing a BI and Analytics strategy.
Data visualisation is an integral part of Deloitte’s Analytics and Information Management capabilities. We are seeking a new colleague to join our Visualisation team at (Senior) Consultant level, based in Amsterdam to provide data visualisation expertise on engagements and support the growth of the practice.
Watch and learn how an Data Discovery and Visualization consultant at #Deloitte makes an impact on our clients: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmZzYKmVrYU
Your profile: Abstract and independent
As a (Senior) Consultant you will be involved in working on the delivery of key analytics transformation projects focusing on:
- Working with clients to design and develop visual and interactive analytics solutions and visual stories which address their business questions
- Applying best-practice data visualisation and user-experience principles in solution design and development, using both custom build and off-the shelf technologies and software
- Upskilling yourself, the team and client teams in innovative ways of working, technologies and best practices in data visualization and analytics solution design
- Addressing the key considerations for successful implementation of visual analytics solutions, including embedding change into an organisation
- Clearly and confidently articulating the value and benefits which data visualization can bring to clients
With Deloitte, you will receive best in class training and development, work alongside industry experts and high calibre teams, with exposure to high profile projects with a wide range of leading clients around the globe.
As an individual joining the firm, we would expect that you possess demonstrable knowledge and proven ability to deliver in the below areas:
- Requirements analysis for analytics solutions (reporting solutions, BI dashboarding, visual stories)
- Knowledge of User Experience, Usability and good practise design for data visualisation
- Design, development and delivery of digital analytics solutions – i.e. on tablet, smartphone and laptop
- Build and delivery of visualisation projects in software such as QlikView, QlikSense, Tableau, Spotfire, Microstrategy etc.
- Planning and defining a data visualisation or analytics solution project
Are you challenged by the above job description? Then we will be happy to meet you! You should also meet the following conditions:
- You have 3 to 6 years of experience in a Data Visualisation / Analytics environment
- You completed a relevant Master of Arts / Master of Science (such as Business & ICT, Information Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Technical Business Administration, or Econometrics);
- You are capable of thinking logically, are strong analytically, and have good research and presentation skills;
- You have a particular interest in Data Visualisation, which is reflected in your choice of study, your traineeship, and any work experience;
- Preferably, you are knowledgeable about: custom visualisation development (Java, Query and D3), Geospatial analytics (QGis or other toolsets) and ETL tools (SQL, SSIS and Alteryx) ;
- You have good communication skills and are capable of providing appropriate solutions in consultation with the client;
- You have an excellent command of Dutch and English.
Your area of activity within Analytics and Information Management
The Technology team advises leading public and private clients on the cutting edge of business and IT. We cover the full breadth of ICT advice. We prepare and implement complex, high-level IT strategies, we design business, information, but technical architectures as well, and we are involved in enterprise content management, Business Intelligence, internet technology and bespoke system development. Likewise, we are engaged in program management, enterprise portfolio management, and we design independent and intelligent project management offices.
The Analytics & Information Management practice is part of Technology. We provide advisory and strategic services, and we implement performance management, business intelligence and other sophisticated analytical applications. Our primary focus in this respect is on the added value for the business, supported - but not hampered - by technology and innovation, allowing us to convert everyday information into actionable insights.
Your career path and employment benefits
With offices throughout the Netherlands and well over 4,500 employees, Deloitte is a leading firm in Consulting, Audit, Tax and Financial Advisory services. You will be working with ambitious, highly educated colleagues, often in multidisciplinary and international teams. Our business culture is pleasant, open and leaves much room for your own initiatives. And our employment benefits suit your ambition and needs. They include an excellent leased car scheme and an iPhone 6. Top talent rises fast in our organization. Of course we will help you where we can, with a balanced training program, a customized competence model and continuous feedback.