Manager Deals Strategy
Put your experience to work right at the intersection between strategy and mergers and acquisitions (M&A). It’s not every day you see a combination like that, so grab this chance to combine strategic consultancy work with the dynamic world of M&A. Your mission: help medium-to-large corporates, private-equity houses, and management at both buyers and sellers to make strategic choices. For acquisitions, of course, but also whenever other important strategic themes are at play such as market entry, portfolio decisions or business unit strategy. So it’s about C-level conversations with your clients, which you conduct within a great team that offers great coaching allowing continuous personal development.
Who are you?
A manager, ready for a next move - and a big step forward. You want to put your experience to work in areas such as strategy and finance, in a diverse and dynamic field of expertise: M&A. In other words, you want to take a broader perspective of what you can do.
And that’s not all:
• you’ve also got your master’s degree under your belt, and possibly a post-graduate degree or an MBA;
• you have around 5 years’ experience, preferably with a (larger) strategy consultancy, in a corporate-development department or a similar work environment;
• you’ve preferably run strategic due-diligence projects and have relevant experience in strategic consultancy or within a specific industry;
• you like to think along with a client about what it is in a rapidly changing environment that can make a difference in a transaction or on a different strategic trajectory;
• you have strong analytical acumen and are financially well grounded;
• you have excellent verbal and written reporting skills;
• your verbal and written Dutch and English are proficient (a good command of German or French, or both, would be a plus);
• your strong personality brings added value to your team, thanks in part to your great sense of humour.
What does your job look like?
You support your clients in their strategic development work and are closely involved in carrying it out. When it comes to complex problems, you give practically focused, independent advice. You evaluate the external environment, determine the strategic agenda, and draw up business plans. If there’s a merger or an acquisition at hand, you evaluate the company from the perspective of the market, evaluate the business plan (commercial due diligence) and spot opportunities for your client. So these are dynamic assignments, which you carry out in a diverse and possibly international team, together with other specialists. You talk things through at various levels in your team and with your client, including at C-level. Furthermore, your talents and your enthusiasm are a great asset when it comes to developing further our Dutch Deals Strategy team, an integral part of our global Deals Strategy Group.
What do we offer you?
The chance to be part of a young and growing team in one of the most successful transaction practices in the market. Maybe you’ll be leading one of the project teams yourself - that depends on your experience. Either way, you’ll be working in an environment where your opinion is welcome, regardless of the level of your role or your background. In short: this is a stimulating and challenging job in an open organisation.
The world of transactions is constantly changing, and we change with it, helping make great deals. Your learning curve is really steep here, so you can count on active in-house guidance from experienced partners and directors. That way, you get plenty of opportunities for professional and personal growth. Become a top-notch consultant, focusing on everything that has to do with mergers, acquisitions and the strategic agenda. If you’re really as smart as we expect, then you’ll grasp the help we offer firmly with both hands.
If you’re going to work at PwC, you'll be assured of a variety of clients, inspiring colleagues and great working conditions which have been set up with your growth and your ability to work and live flexibly, in mind.
And there’s more:
- you’ll get great training opportunities;
- you’ll be part of an international consulting firm;
- both the primary and the secondary employment conditions are first-rate, with a partially non-contributory pension, 32 vacation days and a leased car, to name but a few of the perks.
Who are we?
The Deals Strategy team is part of PwC’s Deals practice, which is made up of about 250 professionals. They offer support in all aspects of a transaction: from strategy and corporate finance to valuations, integrated due diligence (financial, strategic, operational and IT) and post-merger integration. In addition, they work closely with other transaction specialists and industry teams within PwC. Both in the Netherlands and internationally.
At PwC Netherlands, more than 4,300 professionals from 12 locations work closely together. We offer plenty of opportunities, both professional and personal, so you can get the most out of yourself and your career. Discover, build relationships, develop your full potential, and make a strong impact. For our part, we guarantee you a varied job in a pleasant and collegial atmosphere. In doing so, we are aware of our social responsibilities, and we act accordingly. We do this with an eye for personal differences and the development of your specific talents.
Interested? And do you meet all the job requirements? Take a look here at our application procedure or apply directly by clicking the button. We’ll get back to you within two weeks about your progress.
Questions about this vacancy? Feel free to call or e-mail me.
You will receive feedback after 12 September.
Mirjam van der Vliet