(Senior) Solution Architect
(Senior) Solution Architect - Ref. 2082
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
We enable change in our clients’ business by creating and delivering customised solutions. We understand that business environments change constantly and our clients rely on our intelligent and adaptive approach. To enable us to deliver excellence to our clients, we are focused on finding and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfill their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. To successfully develop and maintain this culture means that we recruit people who reflect the markets and clients we serve and the communities in which we operate. Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our employment proposition and policies.
To support the growth of our Solutions practice we have a number of innovative and exciting new projects to challenge experienced IT Integration professionals. We are working with a wide range of clients in the Telecommunications, Media, Utility, Automotive and Finance sectors delivering complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done. We are looking for (Senior) Solution Architects to join our team.
As a (Senior) Solution Architect, you will be responsible for the solution design of Infonova implementation projects. Infonova is a proven new generation Prospect2Cash software solution that covers functionalities from traditional Business Support Systems to Digital Ecosystem Management. It enables Telecommunications, Media, Utility, Automotive, Finance and other industries to innovate their business models (e.g. M2M, Bundling, Digitalization, Cloud) and reduce their time to market. You will be leading the delivery of agile and innovative IT projects at market leading companies. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to engage in pre-sales and commercial activities. Lastly, BearingPoint is an international organization offering international opportunities. BearingPoint offers the excitement and opportunity to work with a talented, experienced and high performing team, leveraging our leading European consulting practice. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is co-operative; the structure is flat; and the result is growth.
As a (Senior) Solution Architect you will be leading the solution design of Infonova implementation projects, directing solution design in agile IT projects.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Solution visioning and design, defining the functional domain responsibilities between Infonova and other client or 3rd party applications;
- Solution design, including client workshops, which will deliver the specified building blocks – Epics and User Stories - for the development teams in the Infonova solution development centers;
- Leading integration design, including client workshops, which will deliver interface specifications ready for development. Your designs include the specifications for data and process integration of Infonova with other systems (e.g. for provisioning and activation, payment handling, General Ledger, Service Availability). You know how to apply IT integration best practices using EAI, SOA, BPM & Batch integration methods;
- Subject matter expert and escalation point for architectural, integration and technical issues faced during agile Sprint cycles and system integration test;
- Quality assurance on 2-weekly Sprint deliveries by the solution development teams, lead on resolution of technical issues raised during Show & Tells, integration and acceptance testing;
- Pre-sales activities such as: Infonova demos, solution visioning, effort sizing, client presentations.
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Information Technology or equivalent;
- 5+ years experience in development and/or design of (Java based) software solutions;
- 3+ years proven experience in IT integration design, using EAI, SOA, BPM and Batch best practices;
- 3+ years experience with IT integration standards and technologies (e.g. JSON, Rest, JMS, …);
- Ability to specify process and data integration designs (e.g. XML, XSD, API, Data Mapping);
- Client facing, strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels;
- Strong written and verbal Dutch communication skills.
Nice to have
- Experience with requirements engineering, business & IT design techniques (e.g. UML, RUP);
- Experience in one of the target industry segments;
- Managerial skills, ability to motivate and engage teams;
- Sales savvy with an emerging network of client contacts;
- Fluent in English - Strong written and verbal communication skills.
BearingPoint delivers business consulting with management and technology capabilities. As an independent firm with European roots and global reach BearingPoint serves leading companies and public sector organisations world-wide to align and optimise processes, IT and operating models with business strategy.
Driven by a strong entrepreneurial mindset and desire to create long-term partnerships, BearingPoint’s consultants are committed to delivering excellence and value to their clients. The firm’s approach to working with clients is highly collaborative and designed to improve business performance, from strategy through to execution. BearingPoint currently employs 3,500 people in 15 countries. BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.