Junior IT-Business Consultant
Junior IT-Business Consultant - Ref. 1266
As a result of our growing practice we are looking for a junior consultant to support our team. We are looking for exceptionally bright and motivated people to join the Dutch office based in Amsterdam.
- Are you keen to get cross industry consulting experience?
- Would you like to work with the brightest minds in the industry?
- Are you ready to be visible in a consultancy organization that has the opportunity and excitement of a small business in Amsterdam, backed by the strength and resources of one of Europe's largest consulting firms?
If you answered all three questions with a yes, we are looking for you!
As an IT-Business Consultant at BearingPoint you’ll be executing challenging advice and implementation assignments on the intersection of Business and IT and in the IT domain for various appealing clients in the Telecommunications, Energy and FMCG sectors.
You’ll independently advice and collaboratively work with long-term IT programs. You’ll build bridges between business and IT, while you manage to create sufficient support for major changes in the IT field and the organizational processes in line with it. Delivering IT solutions which fits seamlessly with the client’s wishes, processes and organization will become your mission.
In this role we expect from you the following:
- You deliver independently and in a team Business & IT alignment solutions in the field of IT and innovation, for example:
- Specification of business and functional demands for agile implementation projects;
- Functional design with seamless fit for agile development
- Management and execution of (automated) tests, configuration and development activities for various software applications and hardware/infrastructure installations and/or processes;
- To know what the actual client needs and wishes are and to identify these;
- With your technical expertise, you actively contribute to drafting and elaborating commercial proposals;
- You’re able to analyze data structures and map data processes c.q. to design;
- You’re able to communicate with technical as well as non-technical stakeholders;
- You identify risks timely and proactively handle them or come up with suggestions for improvement;
- You build in-depth experience within a specific technical domain;
- You know which BearingPoint solutions are available and how they optimally can be applied;
- You actively contribute to the team result and contribute to the development of activities for our growing practice in the European BearingPoint network.
- A relevant Master’s degree, like Technology Management, Technical Business Administration, Computer Science, Physics, or other relevant studies;
- Knowledge of business processes and data processing requirements;
- Proactive personality in clarifying business requirements and defect resolution;
- Strong analytical skills, supplemented with a conceptual mindset;
- Ability to empathize and well-developed listening skills;
- A customer-, and results oriented and proactive attitude;
- A representative appearance and proactive, independent attitude;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluent in Dutch and English).
Some knowledge and/or experience with
- Procesmodelling-techniques and tools (e.g. UML, BMN, SID, Enterprise Architect, Aris);
- (Continuous) Integration methods and tools (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins, Go or Snap);
- Development of (automated) test tools, like Selenium and Quick Test Professional;
- Knowledge and experience with various technical solutions, like Agile-development is a pré;
- An inspiring and dynamic (international) working environment;
- Working in a multidisciplinary team with talented, professional colleagues;
- Focus on personal and professional development;
- A steep learning curve with direct customer contact and the opportunity to have impact on our business;
- The BearingPoint 1000 days training program: a special tailored program, where you can explore yourself in different areas of our business. The philosophy of the foundation program (including the rotation within solutions) will stimulate faster development in core consulting and expertise skills and competencies;
- Excellent salary and benefits package, as a permanent contract, lease car, laptop, smartphone, various training and development opportunities, a collective pension scheme and collective health insurance.
Do you recognize yourself in the description above? You can apply by sending us your resume, cover letter and grades list.
We are always looking for talent!
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
We enable change in our clients’ business by creating and delivering customized solutions. We understand that business environments change constantly and our clients rely on our intelligent and adaptive approach. To enable us to deliver excellence to our clients, we are focused on finding and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfill their potential, where their talents are fully utilized and company goals are met. To successfully develop and maintain this culture means that we recruit people who reflect the markets and clients we serve and the communities in which we operate. Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our employment proposition and policies.
BearingPoint Netherlands offers the excitement and opportunity to work with a talented, experienced and high performing team, leveraging our leading European consulting practice. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is co-operative; the structure is flat; and the result is growth.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
Acquisition following this vacancy is not appreciated.