(Senior) IT - Business Consultant
(Senior) IT - Business Consultant - Ref. 461
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
We enable change in our clients’ business by creating and delivering customised solutions. We understand that business environments change constantly and our clients rely on our intelligent and adaptive approach. To enable us to deliver excellence to our clients, we are focused on finding and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfill their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. To successfully develop and maintain this culture means that we recruit people who reflect the markets and clients we serve and the communities in which we operate. Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our employment proposition and policies.
To support the growth of our Dutch Management & Technology Consultancy Practice we have a number of exciting new projects to challenge experienced (Senior) IT - Business Consultants. We are working with a wide range of clients in the Telecommunications, Energy and FMCG sectors delivering complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done. We are looking for (Senior) IT-Business Consultants, who have developed and mastered their specific domain expertise and wants to develop a broader perspective, to join our IT Advisory team.
BearingPoint Netherlands offers the excitement and opportunity to work with a talented, experienced and high performing team, leveraging our leading European consulting practice. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is co-operative; the structure is flat; and the result is growth.
The (Senior) IT-Business Consultant will act as an intermediary between Business and IT. You will be responsible for delivering IT solutions that match customer requirements and fit within the customer process and organizational landscape, using agile methodologies. In this role you will align with all relevant stakeholders to ensure acceptance of major changes in the client’s IT infrastructure and accompanying business processes.
More specifically, in this role you will:
- Define the business and functional scope as well as the requirements for each of the involved application domains;
- Support business design sessions which will deliver requirements, use cases, processes, data and interaction models;
- Deliver high quality business designs, including use cases, process, data and interaction models;
- Based on experience you know how to align Business and IT designs, using these deliverables;
- Design the integration and data management structure (e.g. CDM, XSD mappings) using EAI, SOA and BPM best practices;
- Document and track requirements definition;
- Define User Stories to create a backlog for agile development;
- Support unit testing and defect resolution;
- Support business development (e.g. support sales meetings, proposals, solution visions).
- Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent;
- 3+ years work experience in an IT related role;
- 3-5 years of experience in either: delivery of complex IT projects with Business-IT alignment, using process, use cases, data and interaction design deliverables, or integration design, using SOA and BPM techniques and applications: Tibco, Opentext, Oracle Fusion-BEA, WebSphere, Webmethods, etc.
- Experience with Business-IT design techniques and technologies (e.g. UML, RUP), using EA tooling, e.g. RSM, ARIS, Enterprise Architect;
- Experience with IT integration standards and technologies (i.e. JMS, XML, Web services, REST);
- Experience with configuring COTS applications;
- Experience with continuous integration techniques (i.e. Hudson/Jenkins, Go of Snap);
- Experience with data management and integration concepts (i.e. MDM, data modelling, XML, BPMN, TMF SID);
- Experience with automated testing tools using e.g. Selenium or Quick Test Professional;
- Experience in one of the targeted industry segments (Telecommunications, Energy and FMCG sectors);
- Client facing, strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels;
- Results driven self-starter who is used to work in teams;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and fluent in at least Dutch and English.
BearingPoint delivers business consulting with management and technology capabilities. As an independent firm with European roots and global reach BearingPoint serves leading companies and public sector organisations world-wide to align and optimise processes, IT and operating models with business strategy.
Driven by a strong entrepreneurial mindset and desire to create long-term partnerships, BearingPoint’s consultants are committed to delivering excellence and value to their clients. The firm’s approach to working with clients is highly collaborative and designed to improve business performance, from strategy through to execution. BearingPoint currently employs 3,500 people in 15 countries.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.