(Junior) Consultant - Regulatory Reporting
(Junior) Consultant - Regulatory Reporting - Ref. 509
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
We enable change in our clients’ business by creating and delivering customised solutions. We understand that business environments change constantly and our clients rely on our intelligent and adaptive approach. To enable us to deliver excellence to our clients, we are focused on finding and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfill their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. To successfully develop and maintain this culture means that we recruit people who reflect the markets and clients we serve and the communities in which we operate. Diversity and inclusion are a critical component of our employment proposition and policies.
To support the growth of our Management & Technology Consultancy Practice we have a number of exciting new projects. We are working with a wide range of clients in Finance, Telecommunications, Energy- and FMCG sectors delivering complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done. We are looking for talented and motivated young professionals with proven interest in regulatory reporting (e.g. Solvency II, Basel III) of financial service companies to bank and insurance supervisory authorities.
In this role you will be supporting the implementation of regulatory reporting at financial services customers, leveraging our ABACUS solution. ABACUS is our market leading standard software solution for insurance and bank supervisory and regulatory reporting (e.g. producing reports such as CoRep, FinRep, Large Exposures…). Over 200 institutions currently use it to submit reports to the banking and insurance supervisory authorities. The ABACUS solution will be a key driver of growth for the BearingPoint Netherlands practice.
BearingPoint Netherlands offers the excitement and opportunity to work with a talented, experienced and high performing team, leveraging our leading European consulting practice. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is co-operative; the structure is flat; and the result is growth.
The (Junior) Consultant Regulatory Reporting will work on ABACUS implementations for the reporting of bank and insurance supervisory reports to the DNB and European regulatory institutions. Your day to day activity will be to work on ABACUS implementations. Furthermore, you may advise banks about the new regulation’s impact on their strategy, business-, IT- and operational processes. More specifically, in this role you will:
- Support the day-to-day go to market of the ABACUS solution to potential financial services customers;
- Support the implementation and day-to-day delivery of the ABACUS solution for financial services customers;
- Deliver the data mapping sheets for the processing of data from source systems to the ABACUS regulatory reporting solution;
- Support and work closely together with the technical team to install and implement the regulatory reporting software according to the clients business needs;
- Support quality assurance of the ABACUS implementation, including the extract, transform and load of data from source systems;
- Training new members of the team;
- Support business development (e.g. support sales meetings, proposals, solution visions).
- Master degree in (Business Finance) Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent;
- A young professional with 0-3 years of preferably relevant work experience in the financial services segment (i.e. insurance or banking);
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting (e.g. Solvency II or Basel III) or risk management for financial services companies;
- Strong analytical skills required, including data definitions, taxonomy and the structure of deals and contracts underlying the financial performance of banks and insurance companies;
- Proven IT affinity and knowledge are a plus (e.g. XML, XBRL, Java, SQL, or other related technologies);
- Can-do attitude and driven to reach goals and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Willingness to national and international traveling;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluent in Dutch and English);
- Basic knowledge of relational database structures (preferably Oracle) and programming in SQL and Java would be an advantage;
- An inspiring and dynamic (international) working environment;
- Working in a multidisciplinary team with talented, professional colleagues;
- Focus on personal and professional development;
- A steep learning curve with direct customer contact and the opportunity to have impact on our business;
- Excellent salary and benefits package, as a permanent contract, lease car, laptop, smartphone, various training and development opportunities, a collective pension scheme and collective health insurance.
BearingPoint delivers business consulting with management and technology capabilities. As an independent firm with European roots and global reach BearingPoint serves leading companies and public sector organisations world-wide to align and optimise processes, IT and operating models with business strategy.
Driven by a strong entrepreneurial mindset and desire to create long-term partnerships, BearingPoint’s consultants are committed to delivering excellence and value to their clients. The firm’s approach to working with clients is highly collaborative and designed to improve business performance, from strategy through to execution. BearingPoint currently employs 3,500 people in 15 countries.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.