(Junior) Consultant - Regulatory Reporting
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
We are looking for talented and motivated young professionals with proven interest in regulatory reporting (e.g. Solvency II, Basel III) of financial service companies to bank and insurance supervisory authorities. To support the growth of our Management and Technology Consultancy Practice for our office in Amsterdam we have several exciting new projects. We are working with a wide range of clients in Finance, Telecommunications, Energy- and FMCG sectors delivering complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done.
In this role, you will be supporting the implementation of regulatory reporting at financial services customers, using our ABACUS solution. ABACUS is our market leading standard software solution for insurance and bank supervisory and regulatory reporting (e.g. producing reports as CoRep, FinRep, Large Exposures). Over 200 institutions currently use it to submit documentations to the banking and insurance supervisory authorities. The solution will be a key driver of growth for the BearingPoint Netherlands practice.
As a (Junior) Consultant your day to day activity will be to work on the implementation of our solution for the reporting of bank and insurance supervisory reports to the DNB and European regulatory institutions. Furthermore, you may advise banks about the new regulation's impact on their strategy, business-, IT and operational processes.
- Support the day-to-day- go to market for our solution to potential financial services clients;
- Support the implementation and day-to-day delivery of the ABACUS solution for financial services customers;
- Deliver the data mapping sheets for the processing of data from source systems to the ABACUS regulatory reporting solution;
- Support and work closely together with the technical teams to install and implement the regulatory reporting software according to the clients' business needs;
- Support quality assurance of the ABACUS implementation, including the extract, transform and load data from source systems;
- Training new members of the team;
- Support business development (e.g. support sales meetings, proposals, solution visions).
- Master's degree in (Business Finance) Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent;
- A young professional with 0-3 years of preferably relevant work experience in the financial services segment (i.e. insurance or banking);
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting (e.g. Solvency II or Basel III) or risk management for financial services companies;
- Strong analytical skills required, including data definitions, taxanomy and the structure of deals and contracts underlying the financial performance of banks and insurance companies;
- Proven IT affinity and knowledge are a plus (e.g. XML, XBRL, Java, SQL or other related technologies);
- Can-do attitude and driven to reach goals and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Willingness to national and international travelling;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, spoken and written;
- Basic knowledge of relational database structures (preferably Oracle) and programming in SQL and Java would be an advantage.
BearingPoint offers the opportunity to work with a team of specialists in The Netherlands, being part of our firm wide regulatory reporting community. The spirit is entrepreneurial; the culture is cooperative; the structure is flat and the result is growth.
We also offer
- An inspiring and dynamic (international) work environment;
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team with talented, professional colleagues;
- The ability to grow personally and professionally;
- The BearingPoint 1000 days training program: a special tailored program, where you can explore yourself in different areas of our business. The philosophy of the foundation program (including the rotation within solutions) will stimulate faster development in core consulting and expertise skills and competencies;
- Excellent compensation and benefits packages, such as a permanent contract, lease car, laptop, smartphone, several learning and training opportunities, a collective pension and health scheme, flexible work hours.
Please send your application before May 5th 2017. Interviewing will take place in week 20 and will consist of multiple interviews.
BearingPoint consultants understand that the constantly changing world of business demands holistic and adaptive solutions. We take pride in understanding our clients' business, agenda and key challenges. We build strong and sustainable relationships based on trust and deliver leading edge solutions with confidence. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets to tailor solutions for our clients.
This responsive and entrepreneurial approach is at the heart of the spirit of our people and has resulted in long-standing trusted relationships with many of the world's leading organizations. To successfully develop and maintain this culture means that we recruit people who reflect the markets and clients we serve and the communities in which we operate. Diversity and inclusion are also a critical component of our employment propositions and policies.
Our 3.500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
Acquisition further to this advertisement is not appreciated.