(Senior) Manager Banking Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) (EMEIA FSO)
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specializes in advising clients on the practical implementation of new accounting and regulatory standards as well as assisting clients in interpreting and complying with existing regulatory and financial accounting standards.
As a member of the Dutch FAAS team, you will be based in the Netherlands working at the forefront of the latest changes to local and international financial regulation delivering solutions to our financial services clients and support financial institutions as they adapt to the changing regulatory landscape - eg all aspects of accounting and regulatory reporting.
Given the dynamic and innovative landscape of financial products, the need to understand and implement financial accounting and regulatory requirements in a significantly changing environment, presents the added complexity which FAAS specialists seek to address while working with their clients.
The team is currently comprised of around thirty staff. Particular areas of focus at present include implementation of the new impairment and classification and measurement rules under IFRS 9, responding to regulatory reporting change, specifically FINREP and other areas of CRD IV, and involvement in financial instrument specialist advisory projects. The team is working with a number of banking clients on these and other opportunities.
We provide FAAS services to audit and non-audit clients alike and work alongside other disciplines within EY, including performance improvement, technology, risk and transaction advisory. We also look to leverage our network across Europe.
We are seeking to recruit a (Senior) Manager to help respond to the growing need for our services.
What you will do:
• Lead our contribution to the development and debate surrounding accounting and regulatory developments, focusing on the practical impact on clients;
• Assist clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects, investigation and resolution of technical accounting issues;
• Lead discussions with clients and present complex messages skilfully
• Conduct analyses on accounting policies applied in financial statements to support due diligence teams;
• Work with a variety of clients, providing practical solutions for complex accounting and regulatory reporting problems;
• Work with the financial reporting teams of our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
• Research technical issues and develop briefing papers for clients and our own staff that build the firm’s intellectual capital and contribute towards thought leadership;
• Provide technical advice to ad-hoc queries from clients and internal staff;
• Engage in business development and other marketing activities for the team to help grow the business;
• Broadening and deepening relationships with our clients, specifically with the CFO office, including financial and regulatory reporting at group and division level, specialist accounting policy teams and change teams;
• Manage and lead teams on projects and liaise and work across other Advisory teams to deliver high quality client service;
• Manage engagement economics;
• Coach and develop junior staff members.
What you will need:
• Finance related degree or professional qualification
• Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients
• Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and influencing
• Significant exposure to financial reporting and/or regulatory reporting (financial information, capital or liquidity reporting)
• Some exposure to accounting standards, ideally developed in the banking sector
• Exposure to finance functions at financial institutions – e.g. strategy, policy, procedures and controls
• Drafting of technical regulatory and accounting papers
• Ability to professionally explain complex subjects in a clear manner
• Team management skills and experience in overseeing the work of others
• Ability to organise and work well under tight deadlines and manage budgets
• Technically sound and an understanding and appreciation of recent industry developments
• Willingness to work internationally
For further information please contact Siobhan Tipping, Partner FAAS, phone: 088-407 2039, orDiederik Vosmer, Senior Recruiter, phone: 088 - 407 74 278.
More information about career opportunities within Financial Services via www.ey.com/emeiafscareers
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.