Senior Consultant / Human Toxicology
Bedrijf: Royal HaskoningDHV
The Business Line Industry & Buildings
Within the Business Line Industry Buildings we offer services in Regulatory Affairs (mainly REACH and CLP), HSE, safety and incident management, engineering and design, sustainability and technology. Clients around the world benefit from our solid, innovative approach and successful solutions to realise their ambitions.
Clients and services
From a strong position in the management of chemical substances we work enthusiastically on international growth and development of our services for industry and other stakeholders. Our services involve product, consumer and industrial safety up to hazardous substances policy making. We have gained a leading position in REACH and CLP services and other topics in the management of chemical substances (e.g. eSDS and industrial hygiene). With care and integrity we advise companies and authorities how to cope with the risks of chemical substances and products for human, the environment and society. The chemical industry, multinationals, industry associations and authorities are our clients, with the EU being our main working area.
As a senior expert in human toxicology you are involved in projects related to product and consumer safety. You initiate and participate in these projects, working together with a young and enthusiastic team including colleagues with other expertises. You work on registration, evaluation and authorisation of chemical substances under REACH, but also in other regulatory frameworks. With our team you assist our clients in discussions on the hazard and risk of their substances with different stakeholders. You have knowledge of emerging toxicology issues like endocrine disruption, mixture toxicity and nanotoxicology, as well as alternative approaches like applying QSAR and read-across. You have the ability to present the results of your analysis in a convincing manner. You participate in multidimensional and innovative consultancy projects involving risks of chemical substances, e.g. in relation to Clean Technology/Green Chemistry and/or Circular Economy. An excellent understanding of the business case of our clients and their strategic considerations is crucial.
You are visible to the outside world, have access to a good and productive network within industry and authorities and are being recognized by peers as a leading expert that oversees trends in the specific field of expertise. You share your insights internally, as well as externally as a speaker at symposia and conferences and you coach proactively our young colleagues in their development.
- You have a university degree or comparable education in toxicology, environmental sciences, chemistry and/or biology, preferably followed by a PhD in the field of toxicology. You have a EUROTOX registration or you are eligible for it within the near future. A recent track record of (peer-reviewed) publications is considered a plus.
- You have at least 15 years of relevant working experience, preferably in a consultancy firm, as freelancer or in an industrial environment.
- Extensive practical experience with testing regimes according to international guidelines (e.g. EU, OECD), alternative approaches like QSAR and read-across, and classification of chemical substances is a prerequisite. Specialized knowledge in one of the following topics will be considered a plus: endocrine disruption, mixture toxicity and/or nanotoxicology.
- You are an entrepreneur, commercially and technically driven, devoted and professional, allowing yourself to work efficiently in project teams.
- You take the initiative, look for a dialogue (internally and externally) and contribute actively to the development of business cases that are of (future) interest to Royal HaskoningDHV.
- You are able to coach your junior and medior colleagues and lead them in their - development and project work.
- You have proven experience in project management (e.g. Prince or IPMA).
- You are fluent in Dutch and English and are used to writing reports in both languages. Knowledge of the German language is considered a plus.
Royal HaskoningDHV offers a working environment with ambition and growth in which you can build on the strategic expansion of our activities. Our work environment is characterized by professionalism and collegiality in which the development of the organization and employees are the most important factors. We combine flexible working with an excellent package of working conditions. So if you recognize yourself in content, knowledge and experience, and you are seeking a new challenge: we are looking for you!
For more information, please contact: Christiaan van Daalen, T +31 88 3486918 or M +31 6 15 45 94 77. Or contact Ronald de Vries, T +31 88 3485036 or M +31 6 30 38 37 87.
To apply directly, use the apply (solliciteer) button on our website.
For more information about our organization www.royalhaskoningdhv.com.
Acquisition is not appreciated.
Bedrijf: Royal HaskoningDHV