Pursuits Leader (EMEIA FSO)
The Pursuit Leader is responsible for the Business Development aspects of the firms’ most important pursuits including taking the leadership role in developing the winning pitch strategy, coaching the client team and managing the BD support team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a leading role in the qualification of potential pursuits requiring Business Development/FSO Pursuits Team support to ensure resources are focused on the appropriate priority clients, across all service lines, both prior to and during the formal pursuit process.
- Devise the relationship development action plan to ensure appropriate contact is made with all decision makers and influencers using the whole EY network.
- Lead the development of the pursuit strategy by ensuring the client team fully understand the client needs and can clearly articulate the benefits of the EY solution and our value proposition.
- Manage the BD support team taking responsibility for all aspects of sales support provided during a pursuit, including the client team members involved, the Communication and Pursuit Strategist and graphic designer to ensure all deadlines are met and the BD contribution is properly understood and measured.
- Take an active role in managing and challenging the client team dynamics to ensure the ‘A’ team is properly presented to the client including personal style, subject matter expertise and credentials.
- Be a subject matter expert, leading exponent and user of the firms’ ‘Sales Excellence’ knowledge, skills and tools including Miller Heiman, Tracom and Focused Team Engagement Economics within the Account Management Framework.
- Lead or support client interviews to ensure the team fully understands the needs and decision making criteria of the client, the EY solution and why we won or lost a pursuit.
- Deliver or participate in training to up-skill the client and/or BD teams in pursuit best practice using the EY ‘Sales Excellence’ tools and methodologies.
- Where appropriate, lead or participate in client meetings to ensure the BD function is taking a leading role in winning revenue.
- Conduct one to one and team coaching sessions to ensure the team fully understand the client needs, the EY solution and can clearly articulate their role, experience and credentials in a convincing, winning manner.
- Contribute to the engagement economics decision to ensure the appropriate pricing options are challenged and positively articulated providing a return for the firm and value for the client.
- Deep understanding and experience of pursuits and winning sales strategies.
- Man-management/leadership of large teams in complex, cross border, high value sales.
- Coaching upwards of more senior people and history of achieving results through others.
- Major account management experience including responsibility for client relationships, service levels, solution development and revenue targets.
- Commercially astute, able to operate at board level.
EMEIA FSO Head of pursuits
For more information about the application procedure please contact Saskia Reuchlin, Manager Recruitment, phone: +31(0)88 – 4073841.
This role profile is intended as a guide to reflect only the principal functions of the role. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions and is subject to change at the discretion of management.
A Pre-Employment Screening (PES) and an online assessment are part of our application procedure. The PES consists of an ID/passport and diploma check, a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag (VOG)) and a background verification.