Continious Improvement Specialist
Shell is looking for a Continous Improvement Specialist, Black Belt Certified
Continous Improvement Specialist
Location: Rijswijk, Netherlands
Why we’re hiring
We’re hiring as we see our Continous Improvement (CI) department as fundamental to the success of our business. CI has emerged as one of the strategic levers to support the ambition of Shell becoming the moste innovative and competitive energy company in the world. CI is a key mean to ensure the Finance organisation will stay at a world class performance level as well as deliver more business impact. It is also one of the new skills and competences that Finance staff need to develop.
As a Continous Improvement Specialist you will be supporting the Projects and Technology (P&T) Finance CI Deployment Lead to drive process performance improvement within the P&T business. Together with Business Finance Managers you will define process improvement priorities and create a strong CI culture. You identify the improvement needs and manage and lead regional and global improvement initiatives. Your portfolio consists of around 20-30 improvement projects in P&T Finance, aiming to generate at least USD 30+ million of P&L savings. You will achieve this objective through a structured application of CI methodology (Lean Sigma).
As subject Matter Expert on Lean Sigma methodology you will deliver training and coaching on Greenbelt projects. You will work across workstreams and functional boundries and solicit partnership to define process improvement priorities. These process improvements will be tracked and delivered according to the CI strategy.
As some (regional) travel is involved as your stakeholders will be in various localions
What we need from you:
- Certified Black Belt
- Master Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or Strategy
- Proven track record in Lean Six Sigma
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading cross-functional teams and driving change
- Proficient analytical and presentations skills
- Coaching experience
At Shell you’ll be fully supported to reach your full potential:
- Colleagues – you’ll be part of a dynamic network of professionals at the top their game that supports each other and strives to excel
- Development – you’ll have the opportunity to progress globally and develop and diversify your role to meet your full potential
- Role models – you’ll be given access to expert mentors and coaches
- Flexibility – you’ll be given excellent work-life balance
- Support – you’ll be connected to a global workforce with a wide range of networks such as the Shell Women’s Network, Parent’s Network, enABLE Network for people with disabilities, the Experienced Professionals Network and more
- Diversity – you’ll be part of our progressive, open and supportive working culture. Shell is a leading equal opportunities employer and we pride ourselves on promoting the innovative work of our female employees especially in STEM subjects. We welcome people with an impairment – please let us know when you need any assistance for your application
Get a feel of what it is like to work at Shell
- Watch what it is like to work at Shell.
- Read about Finance in Shell
- Read more about our women’s perspective
- Find out how our culture supports parents in juggling their family and career at www.shell.nl/familie (NL)
- Watch films from parents at Shell and how our culture supports their work life balance and career progression: Ian, Communications Advisor
- People with a disability: At Shell we encourage employees with disabilities to share their challenges to allow us to work together and support them in achieving their potential. Read more here.
- Follow the international journey of Indresh, as he travels to different locations for a variety of roles with Shell. From General Manager, Finance based in Singapore to Vice President Finance within the Upstream business based in The Hague, the Netherlands, Indresh’s career has been packed with global opportunities. In his words “Shell just doesn’t offer you a job, it offers you a career."
- We believe in creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive. Find out more about Shell’s inclusive work environment.
We welcome people with a disability – please let us know when you need any assistance for your application.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you the Lean Six Sigma expert we are looking for? Please apply via the 'Apply' button.