Business Development Manager
Ecorys is one of the largest and leading European research and consultancy companies, specializing in economic, social and spatial development. We have been bridging science and practice for more than 85 years. Focusing on complex market, policy and management issues, we provide our public, private and not-for-profit clients worldwide with a unique perspective and high-value solutions. Some 500 in-house professionals are working worldwide from our head office in Rotterdam and 14 other permanent offices in 10 countries.
For the International Development Unit of Ecorys in Brussels, we are looking for a
Business Development Manager
The International Development Unit (IDU) leads on Ecorys work in developing countries in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. The unit employs over 75 full and part time permanent staff in Rotterdam, London, Zambia, Bangladesh, India, South Sudan and South Africa as well as more than 100 experts on a diverse range of projects across the world. Our main clients include EuropeAid, the World Bank and major bilateral European donors, such as UK Aid. Our core focus areas are Governance, Public Finance Management (PFM), Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Sectors and Natural Resource Management. As a result of our recent strong growth we are looking to further strengthen our business development and programme management capacity to help us implement and expand our growing portfolio.
The Business Development Manager will be based in Brussels and will be primarily responsible for the development of significant opportunities with the European Commission, with a special focus on DG DEVCO (EuropeAid) and DG NEAR. He/she reports to the Head of the Business Development Team within IDU in Rotterdam.
- To acquire, manage and/or supervise projects, together with our offices
- To carry out strategic marketing and business intelligence activities, i.e. identifying project opportunities at an early stage
- Networking with (potential) clients, national and international funding agencies, partners and experts. Focus will be on developing, pre-accession and neighbourhood countries
- Management of the bid preparation process
- Proposal writing (organisation and methodology)
- Project management of large projects including financial management
- University degree, ideally in a Business or Economics related discipline
- Five years of relevant working experience (business development, technical assistance projects for international donors, monitoring and evaluation, project management)
- International working experience in external aid policies and in pre-accession and neighbourhood issues, as a consultant or technical expert
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Good knowledge of French would be a strong asset
- Team player with excellent networking skills, able to work with people with different nationalities and backgrounds
- Strong networks within DG DEVCO and DG NEAR and with other institutions and companies based in Brussels
- Highly organised and methodical in a deadline driven environment
- Project management skills including knowledge on project finances
- Knowledge of EU procurement rules related to technical assistance projects
- Proven work winner
- Ability and willingness to travel worldwide.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope for personal development. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of additional holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position you can contact per e-mail: Mr. Albert de Groot, Director of the IDU (email@example.com).
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV before the 15 December 2016, using our online application form, with reference to “Business Development Manager Brussels”.