Business Development Manager
Ecorys is one of the largest and leading European research and consultancy companies, specializing in economic, social and spatial development. We have been bridging science and practice for more than 85 years. Focusing on complex market, policy and management issues, we provide our public, private and not-for-profit clients worldwide with a unique perspective and high-value solutions. Some 500 in-house professionals are working worldwide from our head office in Rotterdam and 15 other permanent offices in 11 countries. In the Netherlands we employ some 180 highly qualified consultants and researchers.
For the International Development Unit of Ecorys in the Netherlands, we are looking for a
Business Development Manager
The International Development Unit (IDU) of Ecorys is located in our Headquarters in Rotterdam and in our London Office. The main tasks of the IDU are: to acquire, supervise, manage and implement projects together with our offices; to carry out strategic marketing and business intelligence activities, i.e. identifying project opportunities at an early stage, carry out competitor analysis, develop networks etc. Our main clients include EuropeAid, the World Bank and major European donors, such as UK Aid.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for development, on behalf of ECORYS, of new markets and extend existing markets outside the UK, NL and the European Union (EU28), with a special focus on large Technical Assistance projects. The Business Development Manager reports to the Head of the Business Development Team within IDU in Rotterdam.
- To acquire, manage and/or supervise projects, together with our offices
- To carry out strategic marketing and business intelligence activities, i.e. identifying project opportunities at an early stage
- Networking with (potential) clients, national and international funding agencies, partners and experts. Focus will be on EU Enlargement and/or Neighbourhood countries
- Management of the bid preparation process
- Proposal writing (organisation and methodology)
- Project management of large projects including financial management
- University degree, ideally in a Business or Economics related discipline
- Five years of relevant working experience (business development, technical assistance projects for international donors, monitoring and evaluation, project management)
- International working experience, preferably in EU-Enlargement and EU-Neighbourhood countries, as a consultant or technical expert
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Good knowledge of one of the languages of the regions would be a strong asset
- Team player with excellent networking skills, able to work with people with different nationalities and backgrounds
- Highly organised and methodical in a deadline driven environment
- Project management skills including knowledge on project finances
- Knowledge of EU procurement rules related to technical assistance projects
- Ability and willingness to travel in the region.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope for personal development. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of additional holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position you can contact per e-mail: Mr. Ivo Gijsberts, Head of the Business Development Team within the IDU (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Albert de Groot, Director of the IDU (email@example.com).
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV before the 15 March 2016, using our online application form, with reference to “Business Development Manager”.