Forensic investigator Integrity
Locatie: Den Haag
Why are we hiring
We are looking to recruit a highly-motivated Investigator Integrity with experience in forensic investigations to join our Business Integrity Department for Europe, Russia, Middle East in The Hague–Netherlands.
As the Investigator Integrity you’re responsible for conducting and supporting investigations into potential breaches of the Code of Conduct, company policy and the law. These international investigations may involve, fraud, theft, bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, anti-trust and may involve employees, contract employees, vendors and suppliers. You’re expected to independently conduct witness and subject interviews and the collect, preserve and analyse evidence. You’ll be required to interact with and in some cases, manage third party contractors, forensic accounting firms and forensic IT contractors. Furthermore you are responsible for identifying internal control weaknesses and quantifying any possible losses, as well as utilizing forensic data analytic tools, to identify relevant indicators.
- Conduct and support approximately 10-15 investigations per year
- Extent of fraud perpetrated across the group and regulatory fines levied is confidential but is significant.
- Involvement in disciplinary actions across the group (ca 75 dismissals per annum).
The Business Integrity Department (BID) is a specialist unit within Shell Internal Audit that is responsible for managing the Shell Global Helpline and Code of Conduct Compliance Incident Reporting. BID investigates allegations of fraud and other alleged Code of Conduct violations. It also provides expertise in the area of fraud prevention and detection including training and reputational due diligence.
What we need from you
- Proven experience with substantial law enforcement in conducting investigations into fraud or financial crime
- Proven experience with interrogation techniques and writing investigation reports
- Master in Accounting, Criminal Justice or Law with specialism forensic accounting
- Proven experience with forensic accounting including accounting records, systems and a working knowledge of forensic data
- Experienced traveler, proven ability to operate in culturally sensitive situations whilst having strong back bone
- English is a must (fluent), Russian, Arabic or German would be a plus
- Ability to travel as required (approximately 20%, only during the week)
A competitive remuneration package based on the prevailing conditions, policies and legislation in the Netherlands will be offered for this position
At Shell you’’ll be fully supported to reach your full potential
- Colleagues – you’ll be part of a dynamic network of professionals at the top their game that supports each other and strives to excel
- Development – you’ll have the opportunity to progress globally and develop and diversify your role to meet your full potential
- Role models – you’ll be given access to expert mentors and coaches
- Flexibility – you’ll be given excellent work-life balance
- Support – you’ll be connected to a global workforce with a wide range of networks such as the Shell Women’s Network, enABLE Network for people with disabilities, the Experienced Professionals Network and more
- Diversity – you’ll be part of our progressive, open and supportive working culture. Shell is a leading equal opportunities employer and we pride ourselves on promoting the innovative work of our female employees. We welcome people with a disability – please let us know when you need any assistance for your application (watch our video about the importance of disclosing a disability).
Get a feel of what it is like to work at Shell
- Read about Finance in Shell
- Follow the international journey of Indresh, as he travels to different locations for a variety of roles with Shell. From General Manager, Finance based in Singapore to Vice President Finance within the Upstream business based in The Hague, the Netherlands, Indresh’s career has been packed with global opportunities. In his words “Shell just doesn’t offer you a job, it offers you a career."
- Read more about our women’s perspectives.
We passionately believe in creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive. Today’s talent is more diverse than ever before, having an inclusive work environment is key to innovating, developing and retaining that talent. Read more
Apply via the 'Apply' button.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Locatie: Den Haag