Ecorys is one of the largest and leading European research and consultancy companies, specializing in economic, social and spatial development. We have been bridging science and practice for more than 84 years. From our independent position, we support our clients with sound analysis and inspiring ideas, practical solutions and delivery of projects for complex market, policy and management issues.
Ecorys is headquartered in Rotterdam. In the Netherlands we employ some 150 consultants and researchers, working for domestic and international, private and public sector clients .
The Practice Finance Industry and Trade (FIT) wishes to get in touch with candidates for the position of
Medior Economist (m/f)
to carry out applied economic research and consultancy in the fields of international trade and private sector development.
Trade policy and private sector development is a key area of work for Ecorys Netherlands. We have an extensive track record of conducting Impact Assessments and other studies for the European Commission although we also work for other clients across the world. Our strengths are our ability to combine cutting-edge methodologies with our extensive sector expertise in combination with social and environmental impact assessments.
The consultant will be expected to work on projects of the Practice and to contribute to the development of new business opportunities. The consultant will develop and maintain a network of experts, partners and clients, and will collaborate with colleagues throughout Ecorys where relevant. The position will be based in Rotterdam but there are opportunities to work on international projects outside the EU.
- academic background in economics (MSc or post-graduate studies), preferably in international economics;
- 5-7 years of working experience, preferably in a consulting or other commercial environment;
- a good understanding of relevant trade and/or PSD policy and research issues;
- strong analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative;
- knowledge of and affinity with econometrics and statistics – including modelling work;
- developed presentation and project management skills;
- commercially strong with a good acquisition record;
- fluency in written and spoken English for proposal work and reports as well as knowledge of an other language are an advantage;
- willingness to travel.
- motivated and enthusiastic;
- capable of working both independently and within a project team;
- dedicated to delivering our clients with high quality consultancy services;
- preferred start date April 1, 2016.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV, using our online application form, by February 15, 2014.
ECORYS Nederland B.V.
P.O. Box 4175
3006 AD Rotterdam
T +31 (0)10 453 85 67
F +31 (0)10 453 86 20