Survey Analyst - OSI
Bedrijf: Willis Towers Watson
The Towers Watson and Willis group of companies (the “Company” or “Willis Towers Watson”) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
At Willis Towers Watson, we help clients align their talent and rewards strategy with their business strategy to achieve long-term success. We rely on data, analytics and experience to pinpoint the talent and workforce needs that are vital to their overall performance. We develop strategies and design and implement programmes that address these needs, drive higher performance and ensure the right return on their investment in people. Backed by industry-leading technology, global workforce data, research and insights, we help our clients quickly transform ideas into action.
Within the Organisational Surveys & Insights Practice, we design and administer employee surveys, and apply benchmark data and advanced analytics, to develop practical insights that help our clients improve employee engagement, shape a high-performance culture, improve their return on talent investments and deliver measurable business results.
As a Survey Analyst, you will work beside experienced employee engagement consultants to support the delivery of large scale employee engagement projects, working with a wide range of client organisations from across different industries and geographies.
You will have immediate exposure to real client projects and will assume a client facing role from day one. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge of our processes whilst developing your understanding and expertise around Employee Engagement.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Develop and build relationships internally and collaborate effectively with other parts of Talent and Rewards
- Become an integral part of the OSI team and the wider Talent and Rewards segment
- Partner with consultants and clients to design and deliver bespoke employee engagement survey projects
- Work with clients to gather and understand their requirements and coordinate with respective internal teams and suppliers to ensure requirements are met
- Increase efficiency within client teams by identifying ways to improve processes
- Demonstrate natural ease and effectiveness when dealing with clients/colleagues at all levels
- Deliver projects within agreed scope and budget
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by supplying information for proposals
- Develop technical knowledge and skills in the area of Employee Engagement
- Ensure quality standards are upheld
- Deliver on projects to meet or exceed client expectations
- A minimum Bachelor level degree (HBO / University) with an interest in Human Resources or Organizational Psychology
- An initiative taker
- A problem solver; able to identify and solve challenging problems
- Analytical; able to draw conclusions from data in a logical, systematic way and present in a clear manner
- Conceptual; ability to go beyond the details and see the big picture
- Results-driven; focused on achieving results that promote business success
- Communicator; displays strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Detailed focused; strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Committed to quality; continuously works to achieve the highest quality standards
- Team player; ability to work independently as well as a in a team
- Strong computer skills
- A second language is a must, preferably in a Nordic language
Willis Towers Watson is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bedrijf: Willis Towers Watson