Senior Consultant Monitoring and Evaluation
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in the field of development co-operation is a key area of work for Ecorys Netherlands. We have an extensive track record of conducting M&E assignments for governments, development partners, non-governmental organisations and regional bodies across the world. Our strength is our ability to combine M&E approaches with our extensive sectoral expertise (particularly in public finance management, public administration, governance, health, education, private sector development, agriculture and trade).
Working with an established team of experts, the senior consultant will be expected to advance Ecorys’ business potential and track record in the area of M&E in development co-operation. A key part of the job will be identification and acquisition of new business opportunities in the M&E sphere as well as leading the implementation of M&E assignments. The senior consultant will guide junior consultants in their work and coordinate the network of experts, partners and clients. The senior consultant will be based in Rotterdam but is expected to travel abroad.
- Strong academic credentials up to at least Masters level;
- Minimum ten years of relevant work experience in M&E in development co-operation proven by implemented assignments in the field;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of institutional aspects and policy of development partners in development cooperation including different aid modalities and aid effectiveness;
- Proven knowledge and application of M&E systems and methodologies – including quantitative and mixed method evaluation approaches; familiarity with experimental or quasi-experimental approaches would be an advantage;
- Sectoral expertise in one or more of Ecorys’ main focus areas e.g. public administration, public finance management, governance, health, education, agriculture;
- Experience in working in evaluation unit(s) within the European Commission, or other international organizations is an advantage;
- Strong project management and commercial skills acquired preferably in a consultancy environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English - knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be an asset.
- motivated, enthusiastic and willing to explore new opportunities;
- capable of working independently and within a project team;
- result-driven and commercially-oriented;
- communicative and flexible;
- dedicated to providing our clients with high quality services;
- willing to relocate to the Netherlands and with a legal right to work in the country.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample career development opportunities and the purchase of additional holiday days.
Ecorys is characterised by an informal workplace environment. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
Send your motivation letter and detailed curriculum vitae stating “Senior Consultant Monitoring and Evaluation” to:
ECORYS Nederland B.V.
P.O. Box 4175
3006 AD Rotterdam
T +31 (0)10 453 85 67
F +31 (0)10 453 86 20
Sound analysis, inspiring ideas