An IT Architect at Yellowtail Consulting works on challenging projects within financial services enterprises in the Netherlands and abroad. Adding value to business and consumer needs is a key success factor of what we do. Our people have the ability to support our clients with their knowledge, analytical skills and to come up with creative ideas and pragmatic solutions. You’ll find yourself in a young and dynamic organisation, serving multiple clients, which means lots of room for development.
A Yellowtail consultant will work on projects in the consumer financial advice space. Typical project encompass digital and multi-channel consumer solutions. This means that you will work in interdisciplinary teams with marketing, business and technology specialists to create and implement new, innovative concepts. You’ll be on projects that are ahead the curve and you’ll be learning on the interactive world of digital and multichannel services.
The focus of an IT Architect is on the technical implementation side of solutions in the area of DIY Finance and online financial advice. The IT Architect is responsible for the solution ICT architecture, system design, system integrations and deployments, whilst making the connection with the business objectives. A balance of technical skills and interpersonal skills enable you to guide our clients and problem solves ICT challenges.
Your activities will focus on the implementation of our core financial services technology solutions. As part of a team you will:
- Analyse ICT architecture;
- Advise on infrastructure and security;
- Design solutions;
- Design and develop integration points;
- Guide and perform deployments;
- Manage and perform system and integration tests;
- Develop documentation for installation, deployments procedures;
- Provide support to clients;
- Perform technical project management.
Required experience and knowledge
- A relevant university masters degree;
- >2 years relevant experience, ideally within the financial services industry;
- A clear understanding of ICT infrastructure and integration;
- Proven to be a problem solver of technical issues in complex and political project environments;
- A clear understanding of project and software development methodologies;
- Experience in working with offshore teams in India;
- Excellent English skills and at least moderate Dutch speaking and writing skills;
- Preferred experience with one ore more of the following technologies: Microsoft. NET, TCP/IP networks, firewalls and troubleshooting, problem solving and fault diagnosis, SQL Server, E-mail servers, application server deployments, SSL, web-services, SOAP, XML, JSON/REST, Windows power-shell scripting, Windows active directory (2008/2011).
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal people skills;
- Ability to work independently, self-driven and pro-active;
- Initiative & positive attitude;
- Flexible, willing to work in rapid changing, high stress environments;
- Delivery focused;
- Integrity, professionalism;
- Balance of big picture and detail orientated;
- Clear communicator, both verbally and written.
What we offer
At Yellowtail we provide a working environment that enables growth and learning through participation in multiple projects, carrying out multiple roles. We value professionalism, open communication, honesty and pro-activeness. This creates room for initiative and to operate independently while contributing to the (project) team objectives. We offer a complete and good salary package.
If you think your character and experience fit this profile and you are looking for a new challenge within a professional fast growing organisation, please send your motivation and CV to email@example.com.