Chartered accountant (CPA) - NET000UQ
Chartered accountant (CPA) - NET000UQ
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
For EY the Netherlands (Audit Services) we are looking for qualified public accountants with US experience in US GAAP/US Auditing for these locations:
Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Eindhoven, Zwolle.
Responsible for participating in and supervising multiple client engagements and other related activities under the general direction of more experienced engagement team members.
Discusses moderately complex issues with engagement team and client management.
General accounting and financial reporting assistance.
Your client responsibilities
- Understands and explains to staff the objectives of an audit, planned other services, and the staff's role in the audit process.
- Stays abreast of general business and economic developments and applies their understanding of the client's business and industry to identify areas of audit significance, assesses the degree of risk and the nature of the errors that could result from the client's accounting estimates, identifies unusual or unexpected transactions, and explains important developments/matters to staff.
- Develops the Audit Approach Plan and prepares detailed audit programs for tests of controls and substantive procedures for significant accounts.
- Executes audit procedures, such as understanding and evaluating significant sources of information, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures in moderately complex, judgmental and/or specialized areas. Reviews financial statements and footnote disclosures in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
Prepares memoranda and other working papers, letters, and correspondence (e.g., Audit Planning Memorandum, Audit Approach Plan, management letter, and correspondence with the client).
- Participates in meetings with the client engagement team and the client. Presents information to others in one-on-one and small group situations, such as verbal presentations to client personnel.
- Interacts with client personnel and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve our client's satisfaction.
Your people responsibilities
- Fosters teamwork by maintaining cooperative relationships with the client engagement team; contributing to a work environment that leads to high morale, productivity, and open communications; facilitating the resolution of conflicts; sharing information; and, accepting and providing constructive feedback.
- Provides guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (e.g., willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews).
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CA or equivalent
- 3 to 8 years experience working as an auditor for one of the big4 firms
- Good understanding of US auditing requirements and US reporting requirements
- English - advanced level (business English);
- Proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Desire to exceed expectations
- Interest in the different fields of assurance
- User level IT (Ms Office) knowledge
We offer you
- Work with a bright, friendly and energetic team
- Develop your personal and business skills by working on challenging projects with some of the most well-known companies as well as threw our extensive learning and development programs
- Receive a competitive remuneration package.
Are you interested?
Please apply directly through the link below or send you application to Eva van Elburg, senior recruiter Experienced Hires or contact her via 06-29084550.