Do you have about 6-8 years experience in a role related to strategic planning (e.g. strategy consultant) in the services industry? Are you challenged by providing strategic direction and making the translation into executable plans? Get in touch with us!
shaping strategy and planning for growth of business outsourcing services
You ensure that the Canon Business Services strategy is defined, coherently aligned, implemented and monitored for a dedicated document outsourcing services portfolio. In close cooperation with the regional organisations of Canon, you shape these strategies and translate them to execution plans.
You develop and maintain strategic plans for specific business/document outsourcing growth domains that have commitment from stakeholders in the regions at Canon. You act as the champion of these plans, constantly building management commitment from Canon and Océ and driving further development. You also lead the strategic phase of the development process of new service offerings. This includes the development of business plans of specific new services using multidisciplinary teams with representatives from other departments such as Research & Analysis, Service Innovation and Business Development. Finally, you also contribute to special projects such as investigation into new business pockets and the mid-term planning process of the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Business Services.
To do this effectively, you draw on your experience in developing strategies and managing the full strategic life cycle of service portfolios. Using your project management skills you are able to manage strategic projects effectively to provide clear and substantiated plans on time and ready for decision making. You are able to articulate why certain options are proposed and how accompanying risks would be mitigated. Your experience in planning enables you to turn strategy into action.
This position is based in Venlo, the Netherlands. Some international travel will be involved (up to 10%). You report to the Manager Strategic Planning.
In an international environment you are challenged to accelerate growth in our business services business using the strengths of both Canon and Océ. You help develop new business pockets as well as grow our business in new markets. We are an international organization, so you will move in different cultures, meet many people and build your own international network.
You will work in a dynamic environment fully dedicated to building new business giving you the unique opportunity to contribute to the success of Business Services for the Canon Company worldwide.
- Competitive salary
- Full-time job – a 40-hour week with flexible hours
- 38 vacation days
- Laptop and mobile device
- Commuting allowance
- Solid pension scheme
- Collective insurance packages
Context of the position
This position is based at Océ Technologies B.V. in Venlo within the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) Business Services, focused on developing and growing the business on a global level together with the regional Canon organizations. The SBU Business Services supports these Canon organizations with market research, business planning, building the organization, service development and services rollout.
Canon Business Services employs around 8000 people, working for our customers at 1250 sites worldwide. It delivers an extended suite of services to our customers, ranging from Document Outsourcing to more advanced services in the field of Business Process Outsourcing.
Who are we looking for?
- Master degree, preferably Business Administration or equivalent graduate degree
- Approximately 6-8 years of relevant work experience in a comparable role preferably in the business services industry. For instance as a strategy consultant at a major consulting firm or a strategy or portfolio manager at an outsourcing firm
- Proven track record of understanding and managing the full strategic life cycle of service portfolio management and striking a balance between customer needs and business economies. Proven experience with strategy, project management, planning processes, workshops
- Strong people relationship management skills with a particular emphasis on: 1) building trust, 2) understanding and focusing on the needs of others (including our customers), 3) influencing, 4) negotiation and 5) leading effective teams
- High level of abstract thinking, assessment and decision making skills in an often very unstructured context – “thought leadership”
- High level of communication skills with particular emphasis on ability to communicate analyses, strategies and decisions with clarity and impact throughout the strategic cycle
- Ability to work and connect with wide range of people from leadership to operational, internal and external of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Fluent in English
- Reside in the Netherlands or near Venlo. No relocation
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Nynke Adema, Recruiter, T +31 (0)77- 359 2898.
Agency calls are not appreciated.