Our Unit Wind works internationally on wind energy projects, both on and offshore. Our wind energy experts advise project developers, utilities, government organizations and financial institutions in the areas of feasibility, development, design, engineering, project management, economic analysis and due diligence for wind projects.
The Wind Resource Assessment team is part of the Unit Wind and works mostly for project developers & financers and wind farm owners. The main focus of the team is to support these clients in determining the correct wind speed and related optimal wind turbine and wind farm layout. The tools we use for these assignment are WindPro/WAsP, Windographer, MS Excel and GIS systems. We also perform wind measurement campaigns to support our assignments, using met masts and LiDARs.
An important element of these projects is to work together effectively in interdisciplinary teams with an affinity with scientific, technical and economic aspects of wind projects.
As a Consultant Wind your work focuses on:
- Project management of wind measurement campaigns, data analysis, writing of wind reports.
- Working on large projects where semi-scientific wind resource knowledge is required.
- Helping our team integrating technical solutions in new and current services and products.
- Pro-actively advice (new) customers about optimizing solutions.
- Managing and maintaining current client base.
- Improving current procedures, performing report reviews etc.
- Develop and maintain a strong internal reputation and network.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University degree or equivalent working level, with good analytical skills;
- At least 3 years of experience with/on wind resource assessments, ideally in combination with GIS;
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly;
- Strong commercially oriented approach and business skills in identifying and exploiting opportunities in a competitive market;
An existing network in the relevant field and good knowledge of potential partners/competitors or the ability to quickly have an overview of the market and its opportunities is essential. A high level of confidence, presence, and the ability to establish positive client relationships;
- Excellent English language skills and ability to work in English;
- Working permit for the Netherlands.
It would be a bonus if you have:
Experience with testing of wind turbines, IEC & MEASNET standards, ISO-certification & standardization, GIS systems (MapInfo) and layout optimization.
Working for Ecofys – experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 200 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring international colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. Ecofys offers an excellent work-life balance environment.
For further information, please contact Izaäk van der Neut, International HR Consultant, by phone number +31 30 6623716. To apply for this vacancy, visit our website: http://www.ecofys.com/en/career/ and click on “Consultant Wind”
Intermediaries will not be appreciated.