Senior Consultant Operations and Maintenance
Our Wind Unit works internationally on sustainable wind energy projects, both on and offshore. Our wind energy experts advise project developers, utilities, government organisations and financial institutions in the areas of feasibility, development, design, engineering, project management, economic analysis and due diligence for wind projects.
The Design & Development team is part of the Unit Wind and works mostly for project developers and wind farm owners. The main focus of the team is to support these clients in technical, strategic and contractual aspects and project management aspects of wind projects. An important element is to work together effectively in interdisciplinary teams with an appreciation for environmental, technical and economic aspects of wind projects.
As a Senior Consultant Operations & Maintenance your work focuses on:
- Reviewing the operational performance and maintenance of wind farms.
- Identifying solutions to drive down operational costs and improve turbine performance.
- Applying lessons learnt from operating wind farms in planning for new wind farms.
- Define O&M strategies, in particular for offshore wind farms.
- Contribute to defining O&M requirements for service providers and also to contract negotiations.
- Evaluate operational risks and prepare mitigation plans.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University degree or equivalent working level, with good analytical and organisation skills;
- +5 years of relevant track record in O&M for (offshore) wind and (EPC) contracting;
- Experience with operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical installations and preferably wind turbines;
- Proven ability to lead teams, motivate others, and gain the respect of clients and colleagues;
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly;
- Strong commercially oriented approach and business skills in identifying and exploiting opportunities in a competitive market;
An existing network in the relevant field and good knowledge of potential partners/competitors or the ability to quickly have an overview of the market and its opportunities is essential. A high level of confidence, presence, and the ability to establish positive client relationships;
- Excellent oral and written command of English and preferably another European language;
- Willingness to travel and work on projects in other countries.
Working for Ecofys – experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 200 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring international colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. Ecofys offers an excellent work-life balance environment.
For further information, please contact Izaäk van der Neut, International HR Consultant, by phone number +31 30 662 3716. To apply, send your CV and covering letter with the subject “Senior Consultant Operations & Maintenance”, to the HR-department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intermediaries are not appreciated.