Senior Consultant Solar (Freelance)
To strengthen our Finance team, we are looking for a Junior Accountant with experience in international financial accounting, affinity with (sustainable) energy and the desire to work for a dynamic, international organisation that has real impact in transitioning the world to a sustainable energy supply.
The Junior Accountant is a team member of the Finance & ICT department that consists of Finance (accounting and controlling) and ICT. The department provides support services to the international business of Ecofys. The finance team currently consists of 5 people, located in The Netherlands and Germany. The Junior Accountant reports directly to the Finance Director.
As a junior accountant you are responsible for structured and efficient administrative and operational processes.
Your work focuses on:
- Preparing payment proposals regarding account payables and securing the correctness of Balance sheet items
- Reviewing and processing expense vouchers, invoices, and other fiscal documents for payment; reconciles various financial reports and other data concerning fiscal operations
- Maintaining various ledgers, journals, registers and other fiscal records; allocates revenues to appropriate functions; classifies expenditures and posts to various accounts as required
- Adhering to the accounting principles and legal statutory requirements.
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely processing of various accounting documents
- Initiating and participating in improvement projects regarding the financial processes (e.g. Purchase Order)
- Maintaining the correctness of the customer and vendor information.
- Ensuring compliance to authorisation matrix with respect to invoicing and payment authority
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- Bachelor degree in Accountancy or Business Economics;
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience, preferably in an international (consultancy) setting;
- Knowledge and expertise in financial accounting, IFRS and governance issues;
- Ability to handle high pressure, self-motivated, detail oriented, pro-active and result oriented;
- A healthy dose of ambition: gets the job done and a strong need for development in general.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and working with and understanding of accounting software;
- Excellent oral and written command of English.
Working for Ecofys – experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 200 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring international colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. Ecofys offers an excellent work-life balance environment.
For further information, please contact Izaäk van der Neut, International HR Consultant, by phone number +31 30 662 3716. To apply, visit our website: www.ecofys.com/en/jobs/ and click on “Junior Accountant”
Intermediaries will not be appreciated.