Senior Consultant Sustainable Energy
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Senior Consultant Sustainable Energy with experience in management / strategy consulting, affinity with (sustainable) energy and the desire to have real impact in transitioning the world to a sustainable energy system.
You will be primarily responsible for the acquisition and successful delivery of projects on the design and implementation of sustainable energy strategies for corporate and public clients. Examples include carbon leakage, long-term scenario development, new business models, and policy evaluation. Specifically, you will be responsible for identifying issues, structuring problems, forming hypotheses, designing and conducting analysis, synthesizing conclusions into recommendations, and helping to implement change with our clients. Throughout your assignments, you will guide junior team members. You will be leading discussions and presentations with senior clients, and will actively nurture and relationships with them.
You will act as role model and leverage your experience. In this role, you report directly to the Chief Operations Officer. Over time, we envision a transition to one of our units (knowledge areas).
The successful candidate will also provide support to Ecofys’ for business development activities for the above described services. The job may require as much as 25 percent travel.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- University degree from a leading institution, preferably an advanced degree in energy-related disciplines, natural sciences or an MBA;
- 4-7 years of work experience in management or strategy consulting, preferable in (sustainable) energy and/or with utilities and public clients;
- Demonstrated excellence in solving problems that require logical reasoning, creative thinking, strong analytics, and the ability to untangle complex issues;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly, and gain the respect of clients and colleagues;
- Proven ability to lead teams and motivate others to deliver results;
- Proactive and convincing personality with an edge for coaching and development of others
- Strong commercially oriented approach and business skills in identifying and exploiting opportunities in a competitive market;
- Affinity with sustainable energy and/or international climate developments;
- Excellent English language skills and ability to work in English; knowledge of another language, especially German, is beneficial.
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with a broad range of inspiring colleagues – from deep technology experts to commercially-oriented generalists – who are united behind the same mission. Our unique blend of clients – ranging from utilities to governments and NGO’s – creates amply room for own initiative and growth. Ecofys offers an excellent work-life balance environment in an informal company culture, with limited travel.
For further information, please contact Izaäk van der Neut, International HR Consultant, by phone number +31 30 662 3716. To apply for this vacancy, please upload your English Motivation and Curriculum by means of the button below.
Intermediaries will not be appreciated.