Senior Economist Public Infrastructure
As senior (international) economist Public Infrastructure you will be working on a broad range of public infrastructure projects throughout the company with emphasis on the sector Water & Environment. Ecorys is focussed on extension of the current portfolio of international projects in the field of integrated water resource management, WASH, urbanizing delta’s, etc.. You will join the Water & Environment team working on national, EU and international projects in this area. As a team member you are expected to contribute to further development of the Water & Environment project portfolio as well as adjacent areas (broad experience in port-, road-, rail- and other public infrastructure is a pre).
Apart from identification and acquisition of new business opportunities, we expect you to be active in project implementation. You will coordinate and maintain a network of experts, partners and clients and support junior consultants in their work. The position will be based in Rotterdam, but you are expected to work mainly on international projects in developing countries, involving short term and longer term missions (up to four weeks).
As a senior consultant you have a strong client network. You will be responsible for exploiting your network and developing new markets and client relations, writing project proposals and implementing projects, for water sector and other international infrastructure projects. We expect you to make important contributions to (the development of) the financial-economic knowledge base in the area of public infrastructure development, in particular applied to water resource management projects.
- Strong economic background, i.e. masters degree in Economics or Finance or proven experience in carrying out ex ante financial-economic analysis (e.g. CBA, CEA, feasibility/ business case);
- Minimum ten years of relevant work experience as a senior economist internationally in public infrastructure development projects (proven by implemented assignments and projects in this field; expertise with IWRM, WASH, urbanizing deltas is a strong pre);
- Extensive active and relevant network among (international) clients (e.g. IFI and other donor’s) and (potential) cooperation partners;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Proven commercial skills – preferably within a consultancy environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English - knowledge of French and/ or Spanish would be an additional advantage;
- (Strong) willingness to travel.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position you can mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV, using our online application form.