Senior Consultant Solar (Freelance)
At Ecofys we bring more than 25 years of experience in solar consultancy. We are convinced that solar energy is an essential ingredient in the future's world power generation. For national governments and EU, we work on strategies for solar market development, as well as strategies for stimulating solar innovation and economic development. For investors, technology suppliers and project developers, we perform business planning studies, due diligence services, feasibility studies and other project services. Furthermore we support the building sector, local authorities and (industrial) electricity users with solar energy programmes and with planning schemes for using solar to meet Energy Performance norms.
To strengthen our Solar Unit we are frequently searching for freelance engineers with a background in solar thermal energy to join solar resource and technology assignments. The location of the assignments varies. Projects that you can expect to be involved in:
- Detailed feasibility studies and reports for solar PV projects (modelling of supply-demand, plant sizing – solar resource and yield, grid analysis and electrical interface connections);
- Review and evaluate tenders for solar PV systems and solar home systems;
- Prepare tender evaluation reports;
- Support or prepare and finalize project technical documents for tender and award;
- Review of detailed engineering design (including drawings, SLDs, specifications, etc.) for client approval, prior to equipment manufacture, procurement and installation.
The successful candidate is expected to have up to date knowledge on PV systems, plant design, and implementation, and should have the ability to evaluate EPC design and documentation and quickly spot what requires attention.
Due to the international nature of Ecofys and the PV industry experts can be asked to travel, including long-term stays abroad (3-6 months). This position offers the unique opportunity to live and learn in a true “living laboratory” environment.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- An academic background in mechanical engineering, energy technology, applied physics, or any other equivalent qualification
- More than 8 years professional experience in policies and strategies of solar thermal energy and associated topics
- Proven team player: willingness and ability to lead junior team members, as well as cooperate with other Ecofys units on multidisciplinary projects
- Development oriented: willingness and ability to grow professionally by expanding own skills and knowledge; open to feedback; puts effort into developing others
- Good project management skills
- Excellent oral and written command of English
- Optional: willingness to work and live in the Middle East for some time.
Working for Ecofys – experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
For further information, please contact Izaäk van der Neut, International HR Consultant, by phone number +31 30 662 3716. To apply, visit our website: www.ecofys.com/en/jobs/ and click on “Senior Consultant Solar”