Senior Consultant Energy in the Built Environment
Owners of private, commercial and public buildings, as well as the building industry and policymakers, are facing one of the greatest challenges of the 21st century. Rising energy prices and the urge to almost completely eliminate carbon emissions from the use of buildings not only requires incremental but radical changes.
Ecofys is the right partner to support all stakeholders in facing the challenge, as we know how to handle the complexity and develop solutions for today, tomorrow and the coming years. Our key strength is developing tailor made strategies for our clients that are based on sound facts and figures. We derive the relevant data from research and our innovative modelling of buildings, building stocks and energy systems. Based on extensive knowledge and broad experience, we:
- Support policy actors in designing, implementing and evaluating policies for buildings
- Develop market studies, forecasts and strategies for private companies
- Plan low carbon buildings and cities for investors and local governments.
Our clients are national and international governments, NGOs, associations, manufacturers and utilities, project developers and city governments.
Using your substantial knowledge on energy in the built environment and your understanding of the different stakeholders positions, you will develop together with our clients in the Netherlands and at international level suitable policies and successful market strategies to facilitate a rapid transition to a low carbon building sector. Through your broad networking among policy- and market actors, you will acquire new assignments and you will lead (international) teams of colleagues and partners in challenging projects.
If you are enthusiastic about the job described above and you meet the following criteria, then we would be happy to meet you!
- An academic background in preferably the natural sciences or engineering
- More than 8 years professional experience in policies and strategies for the built environment.
- Excellent Network among policy- and market actors in the Netherlands and beyond. Capability to steer processes with many stakeholders
- Proven acquisition skills, entrepreneurial attitude and commercial experience.
- Proven team player: willingness and ability to lead junior team members, as well as cooperate with other Ecofys units on multidisciplinary projects
- Development oriented: willingness and ability to grow professionally by expanding own skills and knowledge; open to feedback; puts effort into developing others
- Good project management skills
- Excellent oral and written command of Dutch and English
Working for Ecofys – experts in energy
Established in 1984 with the vision of achieving “sustainable energy for everyone”, Ecofys has become the leading expert in renewable energy, energy & carbon efficiency, energy systems & markets as well as energy & climate policies. The unique synergy between those areas of expertise is the key to success. Ecofys creates smart, effective, practical and sustainable solutions for and with public and corporate clients all over the world. Ecofys has offices in the Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, China and the US where over 250 experts work on solving energy and climate challenges.
Working for Ecofys means working together with inspiring colleagues in an informal company culture, with room for own initiative and growth. We offer you an attractive package of secondary employment benefits.
For further information, please contact Izaäk van der Neut, International HR Consultant, by phone number +31 30 662 3716. To apply, visit our website: www.ecofys.com/en/jobs/ and click on “Senior Consultant Energy in the Built Environment”