Diversity & Inclusiveness Manager
EY’s EMEIA Financial Services Organization (FSO) is a region within the global EY firm which covers Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa. It is fully dedicated to our financial services clients and driven through industry sector specialization. FSO consists of over 450 partners and 8000 people working across 11 key locations (Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, UK). It is supported by three Centres of Excellence focusing on Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets and Insurance.
The FSO Leadership team has prioritized delivery of our D&I strategy. Much D&I activity is led within each market - we need to build synergies across markets, connect to the global/ EMEIA D&I strategy, and increase the impact of activities for our business and individuals.
Successfully manage and deliver D&I projects across and within FSO markets. Work closely with EMEIA D&I, EMEIA FSO HR teams, and D&I colleagues within each country. Engage and influence business and HR stakeholders. Make recommendations for investments and improvements to increase the impact of the D&I strategy. Enhance EY FS’s reputation as diverse and inclusive employer. Advise and support business and HR colleagues on changes related to D&I.
- Manage and oversee implementation of cross-border D&I activities, learning and communications including:
ο Gender workstreams: targets, sponsorship, recruitment, marketplace and agile working.
ο Support to FSO HR teams in each market, particularly to ensure D&I goals are successfully implemented.
ο Engage and influence “host” country D&I colleagues to ensure FSO businesses and individuals are involved and supported by host activities.
ο Connect with colleagues in communications, L&D, HR, Branding, Marketing and Communications to ensure D&I is supported within functional strategies.
ο Monitor and report progress and effectiveness; enable sharing of successes & learning across markets.
- Initiate and manage cross-border D&I initiatives, until they become operational responsible for budgets, and project plans, ensuring delivery to time & agreed budgets.
- Design, deliver and facilitate specific D&I events and meetings including the EMEIA FSO D&I Steering Group and Champion network.
- Work as an active member of EY’s D&I community - ensuring alignment to the global strategy, sharing knowledge and contributing to global/ EMEIA projects as required.
To the Learning & Organizational Development Leader. Direct reports include: D&I Supervising Associate and Sponsorship Coordinator.
Ideally based in France, Germany, Netherlands or UK, with travel across each of these markets.
- International/ European change/ HR and/ or D&I experience within a large multi-national organisation - preferably professional or financial services.
- Proven record for managing change projects that have had a positive demonstrable business impact, positive impact on individuals’ experience of work, whilst enhancing the organisation’s brand and reputation.
- Reputation for building strong relationships across a (culturally) diverse stakeholder group, ideally within Europe and globally.
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Able to design, deliver and implement a range of change/ HR/ D&I projects across business units and markets.
- Initiates, builds and sustains productive relationships resulting in successful delivery of projects across cultures.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of ideas with senior stakeholders.
- Drives change by listening to various perspectives and influencing rather than mandating actions; commands attention whilst being respectful of others, and deals comfortably with diverse colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong project management, prioritising across multiple projects, handles and resolves issues constructively, escalating where necessary.
- Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to diverse and multi-cultural individuals or groups in a manner that engages with them. Proficient use of powerpoint and excel.
- European professional services/ financial services/ HR/ D&I market knowledge; keeps up to date with trends and issues.
- Innovative and creative, with experience identifying and implementing ideas that deliver competitive advantage.
- Facilitates meetings and workshops across cultures and languages to serve meeting objectives with a flexible interpersonal style.
- Work in a complex matrix environment, with the need to combine and often reconcile contradicting expectations from key stakeholders.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, and ideally 1 other European language.
For further information please contact Saskia Reuchlin, Manager Recruitment FSO, phone: 088-4073841.
More information about career opportunities within Financial Services via www.ey.com/emeiafscareers