Deltek Costpoint Consultant
Under general direction, the successful candidate will perform multiple work assignments including: configuring, testing, documenting, and implementing systems and/or software. In addition, this individual will apply Government Contracting Services project and consulting methods and processes. Further, this person will be instrumental in determining work priorities in accordance with project plans, project schedules, changing work demands and GovCon Services policies and practices and will escalate as appropriate.
- Our consultants apply analytical and technical thinking within areas of assigned responsibility and resolve routine client issues and challenges by identifying possible alternatives, and providing recommendations. In addition, they will be asked to research software implementation issues and provide detail and preliminary recommendations to their project lead (or designated representative).
- Members of the GovCon Services team assist the entire Deltek consulting team in ensuring client requirements are met by actively soliciting, identifying, and responding to customer questions and assisting with issue resolution. We expect that our consultants take ownership of assigned issues and follows through on commitments.
- This individual will work collaboratively and build relationships with other consultants, customer staff, and third-party consultants.
- Enjoys working with new and diverse clients and can quickly establish credibility by listening, troubleshooting, presenting solutions and delivering on commitments.
- Able to work with general direction but promotes an open flow of information
- Takes initiative to achieve value-added results within scope of responsibility
- Experience mapping and documenting processes or workflows
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years consulting experience or GovCon accounting experience
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent work experience or technical and/or product knowledge comparable to four-year degree in a related area
- Experienced with all aspects of Microsoft Office products
- Prior travel-related experience preferred
- SAP, BAAN, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, Timberline, Jamis, JD Edwards, Solomon, Lawson
- Cost Accounting, Project Accounting, FAR/CAS, Incurred Cost Submissions, Government Contracting, ERP Consultant, Controller, Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, CPA and MBA preferred, Aerospace, Defense, R&D, Engineering, Aeronautics
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time by various conveyances, e.g. air, rail, automobile