Head of Business Governance & Support
Bedrijf: APM Terminals
Locatie: Den Haag
In this leadership position at the Headquarters of APM Terminals you will lead the development and implementation of Governance, Risk Management & Control (GRC) agenda and strategy in the APMT organization worldwide.
As Head of Business Governance & Support you will ensure that an appropriate and effective framework is in place that meets both internal and external control and compliance requirements. Additionally you will be expected to actively participate and contribute within the APMT Corporate Finance leadership team towards strategic initiatives that will prepare the Finance function for the future.
- Shape and promote the GRC agenda for APM Terminals at Entity, Regional and Corporate and Group levels by effective risk assessment and appropriate planning and execution of the control and monitoring strategy.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the APMT control framework including Finance Manual, Control Manual & Checklist by:
- Striking the right balance between governance requirements and business objectives to provide pragmatic solutions to the best interests of APMT;
- Consulting and managing relevant stakeholders to define/shape the framework and ensure buy-in and execution;
- Ensuring alignment with governance and risk requirements from the Group to distil practical, effective and efficient solutions for APMT.
- Ensure proper assurance is provided to APMT management regarding the status and maturity of internal control environment.
- Direct the Enterprise Risk Management process in coordination with APMT CFO to the effective identification and mitigation of general and strategic risks organization wide.
- Coach, develop and lead the Business Governance team towards delivery of high quality results to the fulfilment of personal and professional goals of the team members.
- Drive the control agenda in development and implementation of relevant modules of the ERP solution ensuring that controls are automated or supported by IT systems to the maximum possible extent.
- A strong leader with minimum 10 years of professional experience in Governance, Risk and Control function preferably with a ‘big four’ external audit firm or alternatively as leading the Internal Audit function of a renowned multinational organization – ideally in ports, shipping, logistics/transportation industry.
- Ability to lead a diverse team with strong personal drive for business excellence demanding high quality results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage stakeholders at different organizational levels including senior management.
- Master`s equivalent level education Finance, Economics or related discipline. Internal Audit Certification (e.g. CIA) or Accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is preferred.
- Confident and able to challenge people in their area of expertise and extract key messages from complex data. Ability to review various processes and advise on control gaps, efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
- A high level of cultural awareness, enabling effective communication across the organization worldwide.
- Excellent communication skills (advanced English) to understand and communicate risk and governance issues with senior management. E.g. ability to promote and enforce the APMT control framework and APMM governance related initiatives by influencing and motivating the global APMT organization.
- A truly international, open and engaging working environment in a modern working location at our global headquarters in The Hague
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
This position is a local position, based in The Hague/The Netherlands and will remain posted until 30 August 2014.
Please apply via the link and ensure to upload a recent CV.
Click here to apply!
For all internal applications please note that HR will request your staff card upon receipt of your application.
If you have any questions or would like further information, you are welcome to contact Harmen van Norel on Harmen.van.Norel@apmterminals.com.
Agency calls are not appreciated.
Bedrijf: APM Terminals
Locatie: Den Haag