Senior Consultant / Business Developer Food and Agriculture
Due to our market growth we are looking for a Senior Consultant / Business Developer Food and Agriculture to develop our order portfolio in the food and agriculture market and act as a leading expert on this market.
Food and agriculture is understood to cover a wide area of topics such as food production, food value chains, labelling, food safety, food security, but also rural development, food waste, bio-economy etc.
Clients would include European Institutions and International Development organisations, but also local and national clients in Europe.
Ecorys offers a broad range of products and services covering the whole range of economic issues. We serves our clients through Practices which may source their people from various national Ecorys offices. In this particular case, consultants are primarily sourced from our Rotterdam and Brussels offices.
We offer our consulting services to public and private clients in our home countries throughout Europe, but also to the European Commission and clients active in international development cooperation. Services range from policy development, studies, and evaluations to programme management and service delivery, including training.
Projects are undertaken mainly in Europe but also in developing and emerging economies.
You will be expected to take the lead in developing business opportunities and strengthening our current position in the food and agriculture area. You will implement, lead and coordinate projects on food and agriculture. You coordinate and maintain a network of experts, partners and clients, and will collaborate with colleagues throughout Ecorys. These colleagues work among others in the fields of rural development, agriculture, health, education, environment, energy, etc. You will strengthen Ecorys’ position on the food and agriculture market in the field of studies, evaluations, policy advice, strategy development, etc.
The new position will be based in Rotterdam and/or Brussels. There are opportunities to work on international projects inside and outside the EU.
- academic background, preferably in economics or post-graduate studies;
- minimum of 8 years of working experience, ideally in a consulting area and in the field of food and agriculture;
- good understanding of and affinity with food sector development and agriculture;
- affinity for business development and coordination;
- excellent communication, management and social skills;
- an own network in the EU;
- a network in the Netherlands and/or outside the EU is considered to be of added value;
- strong analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative;
- strong project management skills;
- fluency in written and spoken Engish for proposal work and reports;
- working knowledge of another language is an advantage;
- willingness to travel.
Further you are:
- motivated and enthusiastic;
- capable of working independently and leading a project team;
- dedicated to delivering our clients with high quality consultancy services;
- available on short notice.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position please send your questions per e-mail to Walter Hulsker, Director Practice Finance and Regional Economics Ecorys Nederland email@example.com)or Jan-Maarten de Vet, Director Ecorys Brussels (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV using our online application form or per e-mail , with reference to Senior Consultant Food and Agriculture. Deadline for application is the 8th of August 2014
ECORYS Nederland BV
P.O. Box 4175
3006 AD Rotterdam
T +31 (0)10 453 85 67
F +31 (0)10 453 86 20
Sound analysis, inspiring ideas