Senior (Renewable) Energy Consultant (x2)
The Practice Sustainable Economics offers consulting services in, amongst others: international trade, private sector development, industry and competition, water, energy and environment. Clients include governments, European Commission, international organisations and industry. Projects are undertaken mainly in Europe but also in developing and emerging economies.
The Sector Water, Energy & Environment is part of the Practice Sustainable Economics and employs eleven professionals who are working on national and international projects. Ecorys is focussed on creating a strong growth in Energy & Environment policies. We therefore have two vacancies for Senior Consultants in this area. One vacancy is a Senior Consultant Energy and the other vacancy is a Senior Consultant Renewable Energy.
The Senior Consultants we are looking for should head a small group of consultants on projects. They should be good team managers and at the same time good acquirers and project managers. They should provide analytical support, guidance and project management on energy and / or RES related activities. Within these functions major tasks include:
- Building an internal knowledge portfolio related to the subjects as mentioned above;
- Developing the business further from an international perspective;
- Managing a small multicultural team on project basis;
- Acting as an internal source of references and knowledge;
- Presenting the firms’ view on energy and renewable energy and their impacts on relevant areas and markets;
- Maintaining an adequate network within public and corporate environments;
- Inspiring and motivating junior and medior level colleagues.
- MSc or PhD in Economics or other field, complemented by at least 8-10 years relevant work experience;
- Experience as an energy economist/engineer in consultancy with proven project management experience;
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of energy policy. For the Renewable Energy Consultant, in-depth knowledge of all aspects of renewable energy policies (different technologies, national action plans, etc.);
- Highly motivated with strong communication-, marketing-, and business development skills;
- Relevant network, at European Commission level and/or in the Netherlands;
- Fluency in English.
What we offer
Ecorys offers its employees a professional, stimulating and learning environment and scope to develop. We ensure that our employees rank among the best in their field. Talented professionals who opt for Ecorys want to make a difference and pursue change and progress. Ecorys offers a competitive salary, the opportunity to purchase Ecorys shares, membership of the company pension fund and excellent employee benefits, including flexible working hours, part-time work, ample training opportunities and the purchase of holiday days.
Ecorys has an informal workplace atmosphere. You will generally work in teams alongside professionals and enthusiastic colleagues. You will be given a large degree of freedom and responsibility.
The selection procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about the position please contact Mr Emmanuel de Corte, Leader of the sector Water, Energy and Environment, phone +31(0)10-4538817 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send us your motivation letter and CV before 25 April 2014, using our online application form or per e-mail, with reference to ‘Senior Consultant Energy’ or ‘Senior Consultant Renewable Energy’.